corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Official: Playstation 4 Topic

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official: Playstation 4 Topic
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Jun 13 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Is there any definitive techs specs now for both consoles? last I heard the PS4 had better tech and because the architecture is more standard theres no reasons for games to take advantage?
The spec is more or less identical. I posted a link to an in-depth comparison in the Xbox thread.

The big difference is in the type of RAM chosen for the systems, which means they'll handle graphics rendering differently. Xbox's setup has some minor advantages, but generally the PS4 layout is more powerful and modern.

Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
How do you know it's a better deal, have they said how much the sub will be?
I think I've read that they'll continue at the current PS+ prices, but right now I can't find the source, so maybe I'm wrong!?

Either way, they're bound to be very similar in price, but PS offers more free games with subscription and it looks to be more premium titles than what is offered on the Box.

Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boom!

LeeM

11th Jun 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps4 for me, never go online and like to pick up older pre owned games cheap. not many i run out and buy on release day.
definitely wont be an early adopter, my 360 will do for now until the ps4 is down to about £250
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wired headset???

What is this, 2002?

Nath

11th Jun 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely not
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it might plug in to the controller, can't find any confirmation, though.
Still, why the fuck not just use a cheap bluetooth one ffs?

Not that I care too much, I'll not be voice chatting with 12 year olds anyway. And as I play with headphones on 90% of the time, I'd get no benefit from a wireless one either.

In more positive news, Driveclub will be free to PS+ subscribers at launch.

http://youtu.be/FX7UOP7rF3w
Tailer looks a bit underwhelming, but not going to complain about a free driving game.

LeeM

11th Jun 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to keep costs down i guess, they'll sell a bluetooth one separately
Nath

11th Jun 13 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Think it might plug in to the controller, can't find any confirmation, though.

p

11th Jun 13 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So who's going to pre-order one? Anyone with any idea about the best possible place to pre-order one, i.e. Amazon and it may turn up a day or two early? Anything like that? Seems most games are around the 50 quid mark as well, pretty high! Some even at 60!!!
p

11th Jun 13 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Sonys guide to game sharing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

I was a bit lost on this... Am I still in the dark ages? Why is this being mentioned? Always thought you can trade a game in when you're pissed off with it etc
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be pre ordering but i'll probably get one
TheOriginalTaylorBoosh
Banned

11th Jun 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always been playstation fan over xbox. Personally think the PS4 console looks better than the xbox one but the pad on the xbox one looks better than the PS4. I had a feeling they would make it near enough necessary to have PS+ subscription but for what it looks like u can do online i think it will be worth it (smart move by sony as a buisness point of view because how many of us have PS+ subscription now?)

Hope your right balling about getting drive club being free with PS+ subscription, looks mint.
Cavey

11th Jun 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

I was a bit lost on this... Am I still in the dark ages? Why is this being mentioned? Always thought you can trade a game in when you're pissed off with it etc

Because Microsoft have made it ridiculous to trade games, you can share them with a friend, if hltheyve been on your friends list for more than 30 days, or buy second hand games at registered second hand shops, other than that you can't buy second hand games. Hence Sony taking the piss.
p

11th Jun 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by p
quote:

Because Microsoft have made it ridiculous to trade games, you can share them with a friend, if hltheyve been on your friends list for more than 30 days, or buy second hand games at registered second hand shops, other than that you can't buy second hand games. Hence Sony taking the piss.

Jesus.... Never knew that! Always been more Playstation than Xbox, even though I've had a couple of Xbox's many years ago now.
p

11th Jun 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few games caught my eye a little... Infamous Second Son looked pretty cool!The pirate game as well. Drive Club looks good, might do more research on it a little before buying, though.
Balling
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheOriginalTaylorBoosh
Hope your right balling about getting drive club being free with PS+ subscription, looks mint.
PMSL at that username!

I thought Driveclub was a confirmed freebie for PS+ subscribers, but tuns out it's "Driveclub PS+ Edition" which is most likely a shaved down version of the full game.

So in other words, PS+ subscription comes with a years free use of a demo... Well done, Sony!

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tempted to pre order via Asda direct. £20 voucher and use that when officially goes on sale, off which ever bundle / package you buy.

Voucher users will be priority for getting console.

Think I paid £499 for PS3 at launch was expecting same, nice surprise by Sony

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
XSIHardy

12th Jun 13 at 05:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get pretty decent discount at work so ill be getting it for £300 wish I thinks pretty god damn good just need to Save for a new TV
Wrighty

12th Jun 13 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any word on what kinda HD will be in there? hope its solid state

i think il get aswell a new pc tbh, theyre cheap enough!
Marc

12th Jun 13 at 07:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So The Last of Us comes out which looks spaftastic and the new console is out end of the year.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jun 13 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS4 is definitely swinging it for me so far, unless MS come out and make drastic backsteps to their policies
Marc

12th Jun 13 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg

12th Jun 13 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pigs flying around at the moment?
Marc

12th Jun 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS4 £350

XBox One £430