corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » exhaust backbox rubbers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author exhaust backbox rubbers?
Root

User status: Offline
1st Feb 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 2 rubbers that hold the backbox onto the car, what are they called? Mine are completely perished and need replacing but can't find what they're called..
Mertin

1st Feb 13 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ask / search for exhaust mounting rubbers
Aidan-Fleming

2nd Feb 13 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to halfords or eBay, they have them! Just search Vauxhall exhaust rubber! This is a waste of a thread lol
Root

2nd Feb 13 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming
Go to halfords or eBay, they have them! Just search Vauxhall exhaust rubber! This is a waste of a thread lol

I Ebayed the search "corsa exhaust rubbers" and "corsa exhaust bungs" as well was "corsa backbox rubbers" and couldn't find a thing.

Read the related threads and saw that people have bought them at halfords before so that's what I'll do, thanks.

Are new ones easy to fit without taking off the backbox? The current ones...do fit but with a lot of persuasion and swearing and sore fingers, but they come loose not long after due to corrosion of the rubber.
Haimsey
Premium Member

2nd Feb 13 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got some standard ones from euro car parts.
Was pretty cheap delivered.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Aidan-Fleming

3rd Feb 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you don't need to remove the back box lol
Mertin

3rd Feb 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put some oil / wd40 on them to help them slide on. I just went into local motor factors last week and asked for 2 exhaust rubbers for an astra and that was it. Not a complicated or specific part
Mertin

3rd Feb 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming

I Ebayed the search "corsa exhaust rubbers" and "corsa exhaust bungs" as well was "corsa backbox rubbers" and couldn't find a thing.

Read the related threads and saw that people have bought them at halfords before so that's what I'll do, thanks.

Are new ones easy to fit without taking off the backbox? The current ones...do fit but with a lot of persuasion and swearing and sore fingers, but they come loose not long after due to corrosion of the rubber.

Try again, I just got 33 results

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html/?_nkw=Corsa%20exhaust%20rubber&redirect=mobile

New Poll