corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)

New Poll
  <<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!)
BenC1985

User status: Offline
16th Jun 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people will slate me for this but oh well. Lol I wrapped the pillars between the quarter window and the front as i had some scratches that were annoying me. Its 4d carbon wrap and its done its job even though im not 100% happy with it as it was my first attempt. Heres some pics

[Edited on 16-06-2013 by BenC1985]
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done a good job on that Ben,fuck what others think. It's your first time using it so why not.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
AaronTD

16th Jun 13 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks a lot cleaner with the carbon, mine are the same with people getting in and out grabbing the door, where did you get the carbon mate?
vx-scottw
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate as dan said don't give a fuck what everyone else thinks done a good job
CORSAb GSi rep

16th Jun 13 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good that mate thinking of doing mine gloss black
BenC1985

16th Jun 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads. When i said id get slated i meant people dont normally like things wrapped. I searched everywhere for proper bits to go on what ive wrapped but couldnt find antlything. They do carbon irmscher ones for a corsa C but not a B. I actually got the stuff from PVS because the bloke couldnt do it on the day. I paid a fiver for a big sheet to try and do it myself and he was going to charge £15 to do it for me. It looks ok for my first attempt tbh but i done one side better than the other and ran out of wrap to re do it.
AaronTD

16th Jun 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks done a top job done! helps the look of it a lot imo, just wondering does that boy you bought it from have a website?
BenC1985

16th Jun 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even sure what the company was called. Just go on ebay and search for 4d carbon. Its priced up depending how much you want.
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad update this one. Might just sell up and buy something else. Im having a nightmare trying to get a decent price on a 1.4 corsa at 28 years old.lol Might aswell sell it and buy something thats faster and handles out the box and pay half as much on insurance. Ive been thinking about it for a while now but this insurance crap has pretty much made my mind up.
M Sutton

24th Jun 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be a shame if u sell up but I can see ure thinking!
What you looking at getting?
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
Bad update this one. Might just sell up and buy something else. Im having a nightmare trying to get a decent price on a 1.4 corsa at 28 years old.lol Might aswell sell it and buy something thats faster and handles out the box and pay half as much on insurance. Ive been thinking about it for a while now but this insurance crap has pretty much made my mind up.

ep3 ctr
LukesCorsaSXi

24th Jun 13 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you be getting a bad quote on a 1.4 at 28 haha! How many years no claims do you have?
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have 9 years no claims. All mods declared and 3 points. Ive also got protected no claims and brakedown and legal cover, none of which ive had to really use since ive owned this corsa but id like to protect my no claims and have brakedown just incase. Best quote ive had so far is with adrian fluxx at £570. Takes the piss. I can insure a fully loaded clio 182 for half that pretty much. My insurance renewal was £480 but because im commuting now and ive added the 3 points it went up to £611 with admiral. Stupid money for a 1.4 corsa at my age. My bros paying £800 fully comp with brakedown and legal cover on an astra vxr with it declared running 320bhp and hes 25. Lol
BeetleGav

24th Jun 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not too expensive I don't think. I pay 840 on the z4 tho and I'm 22 :/
Ian W

24th Jun 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have 9 years no claims. All mods declared and 3 points. Ive also got protected no claims and brakedown and legal cover, none of which ive had to really use since ive owned this corsa but id like to protect my no claims and have brakedown just incase. Best quote ive had so far is with adrian fluxx at £570. Takes the piss. I can insure a fully loaded clio 182 for half that pretty much. My insurance renewal was £480 but because im commuting now and ive added the 3 points it went up to £611 with admiral. Stupid money for a 1.4 corsa at my age. My bros paying £800 fully comp with brakedown and legal cover on an astra vxr with it declared running 320bhp and hes 25. Lol

Try Greenlight, I pay £500 on my TT with mod's declared.
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
That's not too expensive I don't think. I pay 840 on the z4 tho and I'm 22 :/

It is when its only a 1.4 and technically is only lowered and some wheels. I can insure a 182 clio cup for easily £200 less. Twice the power,handles better without lowering and does the same sort of mpg. Its a no brainer really. Im going to have a good look online and ring around and if it doesent come down to the same price i can insure something alot faster its going up for sale by the end of the week. Sad really as i do like it just cant justify spending that much insurance on a 1.4 corsa at my age.
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it annoy you that im 24 and fully comp on my evo for £500?
Robbo_Corsa

24th Jun 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bang a XE in it then..?
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo_Corsa
Bang a XE in it then..?

idea
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh

Have you got points? Is it declared as modified and i bet your job/postcode is better than mine. Doesent bother me that you get it at that price tbh.
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo_Corsa
Bang a XE in it then..?

idea

Not really an idea. And still, getting a clio 182 would be a better car than an xe'd corsa tbh and cost less than half on insurance.
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Have you got points? Is it declared as modified and i bet your job/postcode is better than mine. Doesent bother me that you get it at that price tbh.

Its not declared modified as its standard at the min, however I priced up with mods and it was the same basicly. No points....
BenC1985

24th Jun 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My insurance jumped up from £480 to £611 just by adding 3points. What a joke.
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to add a female as a second driver
taylorboosh

24th Jun 13 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also had points in past, didnt change much

<<  11    12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My black 1998 1.4 sport on Porsche twist reps,with low mileage and FSH. (CAR NOW GONE!!!) 24 database queries in 0.0364270 seconds