corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » VAUXHALL CORSA B ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VAUXHALL CORSA B ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT???
landymadbrad1

User status: Offline
6th Jan 13 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall corsa b 1.2 16v

well about 2months ago I went to go out in her and I turned the ignition on and the engine management light was on and flashing and it just turned over and wouldn't fire so I left it, one my mates came out with a computer you plug in and he said that the crank senser had gone so 57pound later and a new crank senser fitted I was happy to have it working again so I jumped in went to start it and it done the same thing as before?? what could this be please please help?!!!! but before all this happened I dropped the key and it came apart would that be the problem does the key have a built in immobilizer? some times it does start and it revs then bogs out??? what could this problem be?

please reply with your answers thanks x
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 02:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a small immobiliser chip in the key, if you've lost that you're a bit buggered. Will probs need a new barrel and key and it will need to be reprogrammed to your ECU.

MX5 Project Thread
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 02:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should be able to get the imobilizer chip and fit it to your key but you will have to get it programed to your car. best get a spare key while your at it.
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was late when I posted and wasn't thinking straight You obviously wouldn't need a new barrel and key. As Dave has said just swap the chip over between the keys and then get it reprogrammed.

Still not particularly cheap though. The figure of around £80 rings bells, but you'd have to confirm that.

MX5 Project Thread
VegasPhil
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spare key?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Generation

6th Jan 13 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crank sensor code will come up if ignition not running.

Flashing EML lightis immobiliser
landymadbrad1

6th Jan 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didn't have a spare key when bought the car, so would that mean id need anew ignition barrel and key?? if not where would I find a new immobilizer chip? thanks guys
davegreen
Premium Member

6th Jan 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should be able to get a key cut at most key cutting shops to fit a corsa b. some will supply the chip but you will have to go to a garage who has the diagnostics tools to reprogam the new chips or to a vauxhall dealer. cost around £80 at vauxhall i think? they should do 2 keys at the same time in that price.
landymadbrad1

6th Jan 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks dave

New Poll