corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows 7/8 dell help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows 7/8 dell help please
XE Col
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Dec 12 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if anyone can help?

I have a Dell Inspiron M5040 laptop
originally running Windows 7
I upgraded to windows 8, now when trying to boot windows 8 it attempts some kind of automatic repair which then proceeds to fail.
I don't have any restore points to back up to as i had only had it on the PC for a day or two.
So at the minute the laptop is useless as it doesn't load into any form of windows,
My question is as the Windows 8 was the downloadable upgrade i don't have a disc to load from,

Can I restore the windows 8 at all or even reinstall the Windows 7 without any discs for any of them,
Obviously I have genuine keys for both.

I also have another laptop here i can use to download anything i need to put on a disc.

Or if anyone localish to Manchester can have a look at it for me? I can bring to you and pay some monies if can be fixed??

Ideally i'd like windows 7 back on but if that's not possible then windows 8

Thanks in advance guys

[Edited on 30-12-2012 by XE Col]
Andrew

30th Dec 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not done much with Windows 8. I have a laptop here with it on that i bought for the mrs which has the Product Key on the bottom of the machine.

When you downloaded, did you receive an upgrade key? If so, try downloading 8 full retail and using that key. You may have to go back to 7 and upgrade to 8.

Alternativly, if you want to bring it to Liverpool or Preston later next week i will sort if out for you FOC.

Easily fixed, just time consuming.

[Edited on 30-12-2012 by Andrew]
XE Col
Premium Member

30th Dec 12 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i have a Key for windows 8
also have the key for windows 7 on the bottom of the machine.

I'll try to find a download for each, presume i can just put either of these on a disc and boot from cd on the knackered laptop?
Andrew

30th Dec 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the machine not come with any discs?

If not, google your make and model as there may be a bootable restore partition. Once completed, run through the W8 set up again.

New Poll