corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video
davegreen
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

started building this car up in january. swaped the body minus engine, gearbox, lights and a few trim parts for a triumph heraled that needed major restoration. fitted Z22se engine and gear box from a vectra b had to make up a down pipe and cat to fit. using the vectras front brakes, 308mm with meriva vxr carriers, rear brakes standard corsa sri discs. vectra also donated its recaro front seats. engine was tuned in the vectra to 170bhp with shrick cams mild head work and full exhaust system. lots more planed over the nxt couple of years!

[Edited on 04-03-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 08-03-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 09-03-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 10-03-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 11-03-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 14-04-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 05-05-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 26-09-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 15-11-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 31-12-2013 by davegreen]

[Edited on 30-01-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 02-03-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 02-03-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 25-03-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 06-04-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 13-04-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 25-04-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 11-05-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 27-05-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 27-06-2014 by davegreen]

[Edited on 19-01-2015 by davegreen]

[Edited on 15-07-2015 by davegreen]

[Edited on 19-07-2015 by davegreen]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along Dave!! Looking forward to seeing it at a meet

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[img][/img]

corsa D sxi 16" rims on her now, stienmetz front spliter and irmscher iRS boot spoiler waiting to be painted with rear bumper and few other bits.
arange a meet and i'll bring her along Darrly!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll get one up the end of the week mate. Sorry I've been crap the last couple of months! Had a lot on and just started a new job so been pretty busy there

I'll get us a meet sorted for Jan 2013

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get it supercharged.
GB123
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to updates on this
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anytime Darrly, i'll b around most weekends this time of year.
Not enough room for a supercharger plus it would need to be destroked to get the best out of a supercharger. looking at a turbo for an every day drive. not going to be chasing big bhp allthough theres plenty of potential with this engine!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 22:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice work there dave never seen one of those engines before expect good things to this
SXI - Matt

12th Dec 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This LMF's old corsa by any chance
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Dec 12 at 22:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it might be steves old corsa? got a better engine now though!
Chris1.8SRi

13th Dec 12 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet that goes like stink :yummy:
GB123
Premium Member

13th Dec 12 at 00:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The turbo from the saab B207 is normally used on these isn't it?
davegreen
Premium Member

13th Dec 12 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the saab b207r engine and the lsj in the states are all in the same family as this. im surprised its not used more in tuned vauxhalls?
it is rather quick due to using the vectras f23 box its low geared, good acceleration but poor fuel ecconomy. speedo isnt working at the moment so using sat nav for speed.
corsaboii89

13th Dec 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like that something different
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bumpers taken off for respraying and colour matching along with new irmscher irs boot spoiler and stienmetz front spliter. LMF cross hatch front grill ready to fit on reassmebly. started striping interior ready for dynamating but got called away to fix cousins pug, poxey french cars!
Jed D

19th Jan 13 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like this will be watching
Corsa_Sport21

19th Jan 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good engines the Z22SE. Pull well and sound good. They have a unique engine note.
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Jan 13 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys!
few more engine tweeks planed, remove balancers, bigger cams, skimed head to raise comp ratio, new manifolds remap, around 190-200bhp. hope to get sound system in before the fast show. then sort aircon. see how funds go and what time ive got. if its anything like my B its never going to be finished!
SXI - Matt

19th Jan 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New I'd seen it before was an animal when he had it, good to see it getting used again
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Jan 13 at 04:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was sad to see it sat outside LMF's unit striped out turning flame pink!
it was one of the first z20lets in the uk, had decent power to 360bhp+ i think?
done me ok for the price, its only done 19500miles!
Steve jordan

20th Jan 13 at 05:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the wiring as easy as wiring a zlet to a c?
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Jan 13 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, speedo is playing around and the oil pressure light isnt done through the ecu on the vectra b so ive fitted a tempoary light untill i sort that. the triggers for the fan and fuel pump relays were diferant on the corsa to the vectra, live switch on earth but that wasnt hard to figure out. hardest part was fitting up the vectras throttle pedal as its a stepper motor type not a wiper type as found on corsas and astras. but if using an astras ecu i think it would be simpler? it took me about 20-25 hours to put the engine in and get it running, had to make the down pipe, rad brackets, move the engine mount on the front drill and tap holes in bell housing for the mounts as the lugs are there but not used on a vectra b. ive never done a z20let in to a corsa c, but this was just as easy as fitting the x20xev into the corsa b.
Steve jordan

20th Jan 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info, I will be seriously looking into this, keep up the good work mate
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Jan 13 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you say looking into this are you planing on doing the same? if so and you need any help get in touch, im not a trader or some knob after money for info just happy to help others modifiy and repair their cars!
Steve jordan

20th Jan 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate, ill bear you in mind as I reckon I could get it in but Wen it comes to doing the wiring I get lost. What driveshafts and hubs are you using?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa C SRi Z22se supercharger. now with youtube video 24 database queries in 0.0146410 seconds