corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had a good little play with an 03 astra GSI.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just had a good little play with an 03 astra GSI.....
Stu

User status: Offline
3rd May 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I like the look of them Fiat Coupe turbos Laurence, even thought about one myself. Fancied a RWD though.

Done anything else to your motor yet, eeked anymore power out of it?
p16vlv

3rd May 03 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no broke a drive shaft so i have the easy option on at the moment. mk2 cav inner cv standard corsa shaft and outer cv so cant give it any beans in first 2 gears.
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 03 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

standard s14 should be quicker than the astra GSi
Stu

3rd May 03 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The astra did have a good go though, I didnt totally obliterate him!

Should get the shafts I had Laurence, the MAN things, rated to 300+bhp. Spot on they were!
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can out run an S13
p16vlv

3rd May 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am getting uprated ones made up so i can finally get nos working lol
Stu

3rd May 03 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Ive seen the vid of that Vibs? Hows your motor running at the mo? Any new toys?

NOS eh Laurence! Where you getting the shafts from? Them things of mine with hubs and machined CV's were £550!
p16vlv

3rd May 03 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mates machineing them for me he did beardys so they will be cheap for me.
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 03 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
I think Ive seen the vid of that Vibs? Hows your motor running at the mo? Any new toys?

NOS eh Laurence! Where you getting the shafts from? Them things of mine with hubs and machined CV's were £550!

gettign Kindness apexi AVC-R and may delve into overdraft for a FMIC after I get the car serviced
CORSA NUT

3rd May 03 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
The astra did have a good go though, I didnt totally obliterate him!

Should get the shafts I had Laurence, the MAN things, rated to 300+bhp. Spot on they were!

He had no chance, 0-60 he was 2 car legths back, 0-100 he must have been six and at 120 it must have been 12 or so..

And that's not obliterateed????

Don't get me wrong i love the 200sx and would kill to have one BUT all i was saying is that he MIGHT not have been trying.He have to agree that this was a possiblity, i did not mean to start an argument.
lacky75

3rd May 03 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never driven the new astra but i would never judge a car just by looking at the book figures (specially if its a performance mota) alot of manufacturers are very conservitive with the figures in order to ensure the car can be put into the lowest insurance catagory possible for it.

I'm told this was done alot in the early 90's and most likely still done today, so if the book figure for the new astra is for example (7.5 0-60) then the chances are if u had it proffessionally timed its probably a wee bit quicker.

What i love about Jap cars is they are so easy totune and very reliable, as soon as i get my girlfriends corsa sorted im tuning the 200sx. 300+bhp here we come!!

Stu, where would u reccomend i start looking for tuning me car?
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the astra coupe turbo quicker than the astra GSi turbo?? Probably the same engine but what about aerodynamics? I'm sure i read somewhere that the coupe is slightly quicker to 60.
Stu

3rd May 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I know what your saying about him not totally giving it everything, he was driving it hard though, I know I was. That guy did not want be beaten in his new car by a Nissan he had probably never even heard of. I didnt totally obliterate him, it was closer than it sounds, Id have like to have pulled away double what I did. I didnt want to start an argument either, sorry if it seemed that way matey! Jumped on my high horse I guess, sorry!

Lacky.....speak to Bren at Apex performance, www.apexperformance.co.uk the guy knows his stuff when it comes to 200's. Id start at the usual place of exhaust and filter. Cos of the easier breathing there are big gains to be had on turbo cars. I think its quite easy to get 300bhp quite cheaply, its when you try to take it past that, it gets expensive!
p16vlv

3rd May 03 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is it when you beat something thats supossed to be quicker than you they say i wasnt trying ,its crap i have an st24 mondeo trying to race me every morning to work and he just doesnt learn i think one day il pull over to let him past so he might give up trying.
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only losers say they werent trying. They must have been making it seem like they were. You know when someone is trying to race u at the end of the day.
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 03 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Is the astra coupe turbo quicker than the astra GSi turbo?? Probably the same engine but what about aerodynamics? I'm sure i read somewhere that the coupe is slightly quicker to 60.

no coupe is slower cause it is heavier and has less power
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

no coupe is slower cause it is heavier and has less power

Coupe is nicer though
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 888 is lovely!!!!
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why admit that AK?
Nath

3rd May 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(on a long straight test track) eh??? Ok!!!
vibrio
Banned

3rd May 03 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
i had a race with an 888 version, and lost

I beat one to 90. traffic lights at T junction right turn. he claimed he missed a gear but he would have got beat by more. was funny
CORSA NUT

4th May 03 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
Yeah, I know what your saying about him not totally giving it everything, he was driving it hard though, I know I was. That guy did not want be beaten in his new car by a Nissan he had probably never even heard of. I didnt totally obliterate him, it was closer than it sounds, Id have like to have pulled away double what I did. I didnt want to start an argument either, sorry if it seemed that way matey! Jumped on my high horse I guess, sorry!

Lacky.....speak to Bren at Apex performance, www.apexperformance.co.uk the guy knows his stuff when it comes to 200's. Id start at the usual place of exhaust and filter. Cos of the easier breathing there are big gains to be had on turbo cars. I think its quite easy to get 300bhp quite cheaply, its when you try to take it past that, it gets expensive!

No worries mate

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just had a good little play with an 03 astra GSI..... 22 database queries in 0.0131481 seconds