corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa mot fail on brake imbalance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa mot fail on brake imbalance
corsajay88

User status: Offline
5th Dec 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above corsa failed mot on front brake imbalance. It has v6 brakes on. Anyone know the cause and a fix for this. The discs are pretty new and pads in good condition

Christopher

5th Dec 12 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i had this on mine! Think its becase theres a spring that you use to adjust the amount of pressure sent to the front and rears and when i lowered mine it stretched the spring so it was basically only breaking on the front! Not sure though bud!
andy_mk3

5th Dec 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip brakes down, clean up all the contect areas where the pad sits, clean the caliper slides, make sure the caliper piston moves back nicely. And put it all back with some copper grease and bleeding the brakes wouldn't hurt either.
corsajay88

5th Dec 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it an imbalance between front left and right rather than front and back thanks anyway

corsajay88

5th Dec 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy_mk3
Strip brakes down, clean up all the contect areas where the pad sits, clean the caliper slides, make sure the caliper piston moves back nicely. And put it all back with some copper grease and bleeding the brakes wouldn't hurt either.

This is what I was planning to do one of the discs does look dirty compared to the other one. Thanks hopefully this will fix it. Not to bad really was dreading the mot
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Dec 12 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the discs look different then its a major problem.

have you not noticed it pulling in one direction when braking?

strip down calipers and rebuild, or replace them with ready refurbed units.

there is places that will take your old ones in exchange if you want to cut the cost
corsajay88

5th Dec 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it doesn't pull to one side when braking and the discs don't look unevenly worn.
corsajay88

6th Dec 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorted bled them and its passed. Brake force on the mot sheet has gone up by a lot. Brales feel a hundred times better. The last 4 milage proved its a genuine 57k which I'm happy about

New Poll