corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MOT
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Dec 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right you lovely bunch of imbeciles, my MOT is due soon however i have a voucher for a free MOT with Kwik Fit.

My question is would you bother? or would you just take it to the local garage, who is honest and a lot more convinient as its literally 5 mins away?

My initial thought was why not just take it to Kwik Fit as nothing to lose really apart from time, but i know full well those cunts will just fail it on brake imbalance or some shit even though theres nothing wrong with it as iv pretty much hand rebuilt the car

cheers
Rich H

13th Dec 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kwik Fit will fail it on something in order to get money back one way or another.

Take it elsewhere imo.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell the voucher to a neighbour just tell them you've just had yours MOTd and it only lasts x number of months. Let them fail on something whilst getting you a bit of money towards your proper MOT

[Edited on 13-12-2010 by Mike B]
DannyB
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they will say it needs something in order to make money. Sell it on eBay or something and go to a different place.
sand-eel

13th Dec 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well MOTs generally cost £52 now, so if it fails at quick fit take it to a garage, if it passes £0
FAZ
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would never go to kwik fit again after their performancein skegness this summerr.
Nath

13th Dec 10 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Well MOTs generally cost £52 now, so if it fails at quick fit take it to a garage, if it passes £0

Is the only answer.
leon.

13th Dec 10 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should take it to kwik fit just to see what the cunts fail it on! Pretend your a dumb fucker that doesnt know anything about cars and i bet they try and rape you.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel

yes thats what i first thought but i thought it will probably be a waste of time and hassle finding time to get into town for them to do it then the risk of leaving it with the twats and them damaging it in some way only to end up having to take it elsewhere anyway
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going mad here
Joe

13th Dec 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you know full well it will pass which I'd imagine it will coz you're a fussy cunt then take it them and see how it goes.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half of me wants to just to see what shit they come up with

when they turn round and say yeah its failed because it has a brake imbalance, my reply will be, I have rebuilt those calipers by hand with new seals and components, i suggest you go and retest them before i make the phone call to VOSA

[Edited on 13-12-2010 by Steve]
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just take it there, I assume it still has some time left so if they fail it just drive it away

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taking it to Kwik fit for it to fail anyway is a waste of time, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't fail, it's not in their interest to let you go without making some money out of you so I'd save yourself the bother and just go to the place that you trust then either bin the voucher or try and get a few quid for it. I've no doubt some mug will give you a tenner for it thinking they've got a good deal
andys sxi
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it somewhere else i got told they work on comession so they will find something up with it to get some money back

April 08 feature car
Joe

13th Dec 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take it just out of interest.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
take it somewhere else i got told they work on comession so they will find something up with it to get some money back

Surely you could just take it away if its got a valid test still. So therefore they are just wasting their time.
Although check the small print just incase they are cheeky cunts and have put something in there meaning if you dont get it fixed there they charge you for the MOT

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Warren G

13th Dec 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the 3 mot. if it fails take it else where and if it passes ask for a vt72 i think and make a complaint
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
Taking it to Kwik fit for it to fail anyway is a waste of time, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't fail, it's not in their interest to let you go without making some money out of you so I'd save yourself the bother and just go to the place that you trust then either bin the voucher or try and get a few quid for it. I've no doubt some mug will give you a tenner for it thinking they've got a good deal

lol yeah i know, but it would be funny just to take it give me an excuse go wild in the fucking aisle at them when they fail it.

if it wasnt time and effort i would, thats my only stopper in this, time and effort
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
take the 3 mot. if it fails take it else where and if it passes ask for a vt72 i think and make a complaint

and for a refund i like your thinking
SportBoy

13th Dec 10 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it , if it fails take it to another garage for second opinion .. think you'd be daft not to use it if its free.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

time and effort though, and leaving it with monkeys that might damage it
Nath

13th Dec 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a grip Steve
sc0ott

13th Dec 10 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it to quick fit and ask if you can watch them do they mot?
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you're a beautiful man that has just come up with a good idea there

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MOT 23 database queries in 0.1102910 seconds