corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can't seem to decide on a car...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can't seem to decide on a car...
harrisp

User status: Offline
12th Nov 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Much faster than a saxo vts, i wipe the floor with them, got 70bhp extra

And my lazy 330 wipes the floor with vr6 corrados and vr6 golfs doesn't mean much at all.
3CorsaMeal

12th Nov 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really though. Quite equal
taylorboosh

12th Nov 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ive had a few too, also an SRi hatch with the Z18XE and the current coupe which has the X18XE1. The SRi hatch done 48mpg on a run to Blackpool. Cost me about £70 tops there and back.

My point being, a 200bhp CTR dosn't seem that bad at all if they do just shy of 30mpg.

They don't though where as 1.8ts are great on fuel

But they do though.

A lardy ass Mk4 Golf with 150bhp certainly won't be great on fuel.

They don't... My best mate had one

They are, he had a mapped one of those too

I have used both at various times.. You are wrong

They do.... My brother has had 2.

You are basing your information on some1 who has just made an M3 sound shit, and has made video of him driving in a straight line up the road, pretending the rear is stepping out. You are wrong.

Ok mate, your car history is a fleet of old polos and shit astras... I'm basing my opinion on having driven both, his golf was both faster and much better on fuel, the build was also far better on the golf

He knows the m3 is too loud and raspy, nobody on the forum had tried a magnaflow with a decat, he did and doesn't like it so will be changing it after less than a week. Without driving a 340bhp car in the wet with tc off and nankangs, I fail to see how you can coment
Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 Polo actually.

Im not saying it wasn't faster, thats not the arguement here.

How do you know what ive driven or not driven in the wet with the T/C off?? You can quite clearly see in the video that its not squirming, not when the front end is moving around before its broke traction enough to get it to slide.

Also, hi John.

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
taylorboosh

12th Nov 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clearly you can't see that as the vid isn't high enough quality
Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, so can we just agree that an EP3 will do close to 30mpg.
taylorboosh

12th Nov 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kFMeRJnViGA

maybe on a motorway yes
sc0ott

12th Nov 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do over 30mpg on the motorway, fact.

big eck

12th Nov 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ep3 type R will never get 30mpg unless you keep to every speed limit and never go into vtec. The best you will see is 25mpg with mixed driving and that's being generous. This is based on actually owning one for a good length of time and not a mates mate owning one or my brothers aunties uncle.
taylorboosh

12th Nov 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
The ep3 type R will never get 30mpg unless you keep to every speed limit and never go into vtec. The best you will see is 25mpg with mixed driving and that's being generous. This is based on actually owning one for a good length of time and not a mates mate owning one or my brothers aunties uncle.

Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
The ep3 type R will never get 30mpg unless you keep to every speed limit and never go into vtec.

So what you are saying is that it will infact do 30mpg around town or on the motorway at 70mph in 6th.

Or did you drive yours around in 2nd gear in the 30/40mph areas??

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
sc0ott

12th Nov 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youre hardly going to be hitting vtec around town are you.

And it kinda defeats the point in the mpg debate if youre taking into account breaking the speed limits, especially if the op wants a car which returns good mpg when driving normal.

Like i say i done mainly motorway miles in mine and there was a lot of start stopping, yet still worked out over the 30s. Was no different to the 182 and the trip computer displayed over 40.
big eck

12th Nov 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't by a car like a type R just to pootle about all the time. It's gutless as it is and NEEDS to be booted to go quickly which is where the fuel is just munched at an alarming rate for a 2ltr NA engined car. My LCR with 270bhp is much quicker than the type R and with mixed driving will return over 30mpg all day long. It's 90% a much better drive as well. The only thing the ep3 is better at is hard handling.
taylorboosh

12th Nov 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you get a lcr for £3k?
CORSA NUT

12th Nov 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
Go for a gt tdi 150. I moved from my supercharged MX5 which went like a train to a gt tdi 150 and I'm really impressed with how it pulls. It can be remapped up to 180 odd BHP with 430 ft lb of torque. Two good friends have had their 1.9 tdi's remapped (one Golf, one Polo) and have seen an improvement of 5 mpg on top of the performance.

18s and slam it and your done

Love this car Rob remember your post when you got it.

Wanna sell it for 3k? your not far away from me either

I'm looking at them but finding a 150, 3 door with reasonable mileage seems impossible
big eck

12th Nov 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Can't you get a lcr for £3k?

I think so but it'll be a bit of a dog with high miles. You might get the odd bargain tho.
Corsa_Sport21

12th Nov 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A CTR isn't an exclusive car where its main purpose is to hoon it around like a nutter though. Its a hot hatch that can be used daily. You don't need to hit vtec everytime you nip to the corner shop, or to pick up the kids or whatever.

I would agree and say you aren't going to get close to 30mpg if you are driving along the b roads hitting vtec all the time or even passed schools in 1st gear at 8k rpm.

Use it and drive it like any other 2.0 N/A and it will be fine as a daily driver. They still accelerate fine to 30/40mph without having to kick its hole in.
big eck

12th Nov 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They really don't. I suppose I'm just used to the instant grunt of the turbo. The last NA car I has was the golf but that doesn't count either I suppose due to the big 3.2 v6 lol.
Rob E

12th Nov 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

I'm looking at them but finding a 150, 3 door with reasonable mileage seems impossible

Sorry, but im rather attached to my 60 MPG now This one has 100k on it runs sweet as a nut, full service history etc. I was amazed at how clean it was underneath too considering the milage its done - not a spot of rust on the shell anywhere! The 1.9tdi is good for well over 300,000 miles. Depends how far you are willing to travel but there are a couple of nice ones on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-53-VW-Golf-GT-TDI-150-Black-3dr-NOT-130-115-/180998821742?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a245ed76e
John

12th Nov 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good for 300k miles if it's like triggers brush.
Corsa_Sport21

13th Nov 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The camshafts on the PD150 certainly aint good for 300k miles.
Baskey

13th Nov 12 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
A CTR isn't an exclusive car where its main purpose is to hoon it around like a nutter though. Its a hot hatch that can be used daily. You don't need to hit vtec everytime you nip to the corner shop, or to pick up the kids or whatever.

I would agree and say you aren't going to get close to 30mpg if you are driving along the b roads hitting vtec all the time or even passed schools in 1st gear at 8k rpm.

Use it and drive it like any other 2.0 N/A and it will be fine as a daily driver. They still accelerate fine to 30/40mph without having to kick its hole in.

100% agreed, they make as much tourque as any other 2.0 n/a engine just with a lovley close ratio box.

Also the facelift version revs up even quicker as it has a lighter flywheel among other bits.
big eck

13th Nov 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact is they feel gutless for a 200bhp car.
spencer88

13th Nov 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
Go for a gt tdi 150. I moved from my supercharged MX5 which went like a train to a gt tdi 150 and I'm really impressed with how it pulls. It can be remapped up to 180 odd BHP with 430 ft lb of torque. Two good friends have had their 1.9 tdi's remapped (one Golf, one Polo) and have seen an improvement of 5 mpg on top of the performance.

18s and slam it and your done
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/p3boy/991022F6-6067-42BF-8C5C-CA994C518E37-861-000001475D63DA6C.jpg

Surely you mean nm not ft lb.
BarnshaW

13th Nov 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh blatantly john-d, I was thinking this earlier, amazing how they have suddenly popped up all of a sudden

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can't seem to decide on a car... 22 database queries in 0.1043358 seconds