corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [XBOX:360] Official Cod Black OPs 2 Thread
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
20th Nov 12 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does the elite thing from the last one work for this to get the maps early and stuff? as i forgot i had it, it auto renewed yet i apparantly dont have the season pass?
Dave

20th Nov 12 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by V931_FEF
quote:
Originally posted by Dave
haven't found/unlocked whatever stops me showing up on UAV's.

That would be Ghost and you unlock that @ lvl 55, the final lvl before prestiging.

55!! The fcuking cnuts!! Nothing worse than going on an epic flanking run then just as you get to where the opp are they get a UAV.

Can you take a perk with you when you prestige on this, otherwise I think I'll be pussying out this time?
Nic Barnes

20th Nov 12 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can carry some stuff over yeah well a gun you can i didn't check perks
AdZ9

20th Nov 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wish they removed Ghost, every cunt in the game uses it with a silencer and proceeds to sit in a corner all game.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

Is this with the pretige awards thing?

I prestiged last night and had a look. Just look like I could get an extra class, forgot what else, but I couldn't see anything about unlocking stuff early like in MW3?
Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
haven't found/unlocked whatever stops me showing up on UAV's.

That would be Ghost and you unlock that @ lvl 55, the final lvl before prestiging.

55!! The fcuking cnuts!! Nothing worse than going on an epic flanking run then just as you get to where the opp are they get a UAV.

Can you take a perk with you when you prestige on this, otherwise I think I'll be pussying out this time?

Apparently its useless anyways.
Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Wish they removed Ghost, every cunt in the game uses it with a silencer and proceeds to sit in a corner all game.

Ghost only works when you're moving, you are thinking of Black Ops 1.
Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

Is this with the pretige awards thing?

I prestiged last night and had a look. Just look like I could get an extra class, forgot what else, but I couldn't see anything about unlocking stuff early like in MW3?

Yes, you can unlock perks and guns with your token.

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Shall have to reinvestigate.

Another question... If I haven't got anything unlocked yet, lets say I'm rank 1. If I use a gun from the default classes, do the xp earnt with that gun count towards unlocks in advance of when the gun is actually available?
Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Shall have to reinvestigate.

Another question... If I haven't got anything unlocked yet, lets say I'm rank 1. If I use a gun from the default classes, do the xp earnt with that gun count towards unlocks in advance of when the gun is actually available?

Unless everyones lying, I've heard many people say you can unlock perks and weapons.
I'm only lvl 42, gotta long way to go before I prestige.

Answer to Q 2, not a clue but I'd imagine the answer is no tbh.

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by V931_FEF]
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you prestige you basically get 3 more options. From what I remember, you can do a full stats reset, reclaim all your tokens and get an extra class. I thought the tokens reference meant the ones you use to actually unlock guns and stuff? Like when you progress through the ranks you get token to unlock new guns and stuff? I'll check again anyway.

Q2 is probably not, I don't think it was in previous CODs, although I'm sure in previous ones you couldn't use guns in default classes that weren't available for your level yet, where as you can in this one.

[Edited on 20-11-2012 by Brett]
BarnshaW

20th Nov 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its any help on PS3 when you prestige you keep all your gun attachments and camo, you get a prestige token which like MW3 allows you to unlock something permanantly.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right. Actually when I prestiged it did say "you keep all your guns, attachments and camos" but then obviously as a rank 1 you can't even edit a class. So once I'd progressed a few ranks and could create classes I was a bit baffled when my gun I use wasn't unlocked (think it's rank 30+). So I can only assume, if I used an unlock token or waited till rank 30+ to get that weapon, then all attachments etc. will already be available.
BarnshaW

20th Nov 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they will, my personal suggestion is to use the first prestige token and unlock ghost as thats level 55 and you dont want to have to wait for that everytime!
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to use ghost, but tbh with playing HC I can't see the benefit. I prefer cold blooded so I don't have a name over my head etc. Ghost just stops you being on UAV, etc. doesn't it?

Balling
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm sure in previous ones you couldn't use guns in default classes that weren't available for your level yet, where as you can in this one.
That's always been the case. Think that's kind of the point with the default classes, that you can use things still not unlocked.

Also pretty sure you still get gun XP when using yet unlocked guns.

Nath

20th Nov 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried some combat training yesterday, not really sure what the point is. Except for the AI being fucking solid and having lightning fast reactions
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 13:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Think that's kind of the point with the default classes, that you can use things still not unlocked.

Prove me wrong by all means. Obviously only going off memory, but I can only recall default classes having guns like UMP, M16, M4A1, etc. at the start, guns that will be already available come rank 4 when you can create your own classes.

When I prestiged last night however I had M27 available as a default class which isn't available till level 27 iirc.

Balling
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Prove me wrong by all means. Obviously only going off memory, but I can only recall default classes having guns like UMP, M16, M4A1, etc. at the start, guns that will be already available come rank 4 when you can create your own classes.
I think in COD4 and WaW this was true, but since MW2 the default classes have definitely contained yet unlocked weapons and perks.

One of the loading screen tips even says so.

Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Think that's kind of the point with the default classes, that you can use things still not unlocked.

When I prestiged last night however I had M27 available as a default class which isn't available till level 27 iirc.

One of the classes in Black Ops 2 had the Scorpian Evo as the primary. That gun isn't unlocked til the mid 40s iirc.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Nov 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, i'll let you both off.
Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just completed the campaign. Looks like Vet. isn't gonnabe too hard, I just stood there and took about 6 shots before I dropped. Isn't it usually about 2 shots and ya dead?
SXI - Matt

20th Nov 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This probation stuff is ityer shut since buying it I've probably left 3 games half way through and now I've got to wait 5 minutes
AdZ9

20th Nov 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vet does seem easy on this one, on MW3 it was instant headshot when you walked around the corner!

Didn't know they had changed Ghost now V91, that's good news! I chose to unlock the Scorpion when I prestiged anyway, never use Ghost but I love the Scorpion and i have it at max level so makes it even easier!

Y869 SRA

20th Nov 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prestiged the LSW, gonna give the MP7 a go now.

<<  7    8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll