corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » DayZ - Any players? (ARMA2 on Sale NOW!)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author DayZ - Any players? (ARMA2 on Sale NOW!)
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Oct 12 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone here play Dayz?

EDIT!

Anyone wanting to try this should head over to Steam NOW as ARMA is now on sale for £12 and it includes everything you need to play DayZ

[Edited on 23-11-2012 by chris_uk]
AdZ9

26th Oct 12 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I loved it - haven't played it for about 6 weeks but I fucking loved it when i tried it

Me and some mates went on a rampage in Chernogorsk and killed everyone we could find.

We made a video one night, http://youtu.be/GcisUUqdLHE - i'm the one with the stupid laugh

It has been the first game i've played in a good few years that I really got into, the realism aspect of it and the fact you could lose everything at the drop of a hat was amazing. I spent most of the time on edge and a paranoid mess!
DC90

26th Oct 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried dayzmod, worked for a bit and then for some reason stopped working and couldn't fix it! Its a decent game
Balling
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it?

chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like i do lol

My char is fully kitted out now lol

chris_uk
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically..

its an open world zombie survival game with a PVP element in it.

Zombie Survival bit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjAiv2vA7YY&feature=plcp

Player vs Player bit (good watch)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ey6TnOrK14&feature=relmfu

[Edited on 26-10-2012 by chris_uk]
AdZ9

26th Oct 12 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's being made into a standalone game at the moment, there is a alternative game coming out soon called WarZ, i prefer DayZ though for the realism effect
ashleh

26th Oct 12 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I play it quite often, me and few mates just roll around sniping in elektro and shit aha. Proper tedious game if you dont have the patience to fix cars or whatever, but good fun in a group!
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just snook up on 2 blokes sniping in Electro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSasFSqSSY
cpcrampton

1st Nov 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it. Cracking stand alone coming soon
Eck
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually looks like good fun! Might have to get involved.
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eck its just amazing!

This is a vid from the guy i killed, he just happened to be recording at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ExefZiFx4

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris my brother plays this but always looks shit on his computer as its so slow and he always plays alone so looks crap!

What do you need to buy to get this running?
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well dayz is a mod based on the arma2 game engine.. This engine is pretty poorly optimised in reality (maybe why hes havig issues) but can be tweeked to run better. When i installed it i was getting 30/35fps, after a couple graphics changes and a little over clocking i see 70/80 fps.

My machine isnt shit either with a i7 920 @3.2, SLi 460gtx's, 8gb ram etc etc.

In the video options get him to remove post prossesing effects, hdr on normal, antialiasing off, put the 3d resolution to 200% (works like aa but doesnt really slow it down, no idea why) textures etc on medium settings etc should make it run better. Oh, also take shadows off runs much better and also puts you at a disadvantage ingame as you cant see people as easy.

Other than that to physically get it, get steam, install arma2 x anniversary edition (get addons for free) its £23.99 atm on offer, download dayz commander and install the mod from within that.

There isnt much else to do tbh.

If he needs more help getting it running faster there are some more things which might help but it means making changes in the *.ini files but i cant remember them atm.

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by chris_uk]
AdZ9

2nd Nov 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd hold out for the stand alone version, some people get put off because it's still in "Alpha" stages.

When me and my mates played it, we knew it was an Alpha so laughed at some of the bugs, but some people expect it to be a fully polished game, which it's not. The standalone version will be much better
AdZ9

2nd Nov 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I logged in the other day, i hadn't logged in for 2 months and I was really hoping I would of had my gear still, but alas it had reset me

Had a DMR, NVG's, Ghillie suit and all sorts. Shouldn't of left it so long to log back in!
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you join the same server hive? I bet you joined a new hive.

You hve a different chatacter for each hive as the hive is where they keep your gear info etc.

Yes i forgot to mention the standalone will be out mid december so if you are thinking about getting it then it migh be worth waiting until then.

I have a scarey feling thats its not going to be as good i think they are going to dumb it down to appeal to the masses.
AdZ9

2nd Nov 12 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could possibly of been, i logged off anyway. Waiting till standalone to test it out

I do feel they will make it easier though, shame as that is what makes it awesome, the realism aspect!
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im pretty sure if they do the purists will keep the mod running..
3CorsaMeal

2nd Nov 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it pc only? looks good
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking into it all last night I'll be waiting for the standalone. After reading the interviews with Dean Hall, it seems he's going to be focusing on stopping the hacking more than changing the gameplay?
Thing is though I've got a year old Acer Z5600 as I'm not a pc gamer so fuck knows if it'll even work

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by Eck]
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I was looking into it all last night I'll be waiting for the standalone. After reading the interviews with Dean Hall, it seems he's going to be focusing on stopping the hacking more than changing the gameplay?
Thing is though I've got a year old Acer Z5600 as I'm not a pc gamer so fuck knows if it'll even work

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by Eck]

in short.. not a chance!
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that then Not spending a fortune for one game!
chris_uk
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea no point for one game.
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Nov 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For fuck sake, now I want it more Would something cheap like this be ok?
http://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/11385371953112730368?q=gaming%20pc&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari&sa=X&ei=PSqUUKv2PJGHhQeq3oCQDw&ved=0CEMQ8wIwAQ#hsecverview

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll