corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hitman Absolution

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hitman Absolution
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Oct 12 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This looks fantastic!

Only ever really played the previous Hitman games superficially, but always enjoyed them.
Think this is a definite pre-order for me.

Also, if you pre-order you get a Sniper Challenge mini game for free, which looks pretty cool.

nathy_87

18th Oct 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember playing Hitman on the Gamecube.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Oct 12 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://youtu.be/L3DFiI68JIU

New Contracts feature is pretty awesome. Could see that being a lot of fun if you have a few mates playing the game.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Oct 12 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sniper Challenge is pretty cool for a freebie.

LeeM

18th Oct 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this been made by the same people who did batman? looks awesome but reminds me of arkham
nick_sri

18th Oct 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paki golf is back
noshua

18th Oct 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw the advert for this at the cinema the other night, looks amazing.
Balling
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
this been made by the same people who did batman? looks awesome but reminds me of arkham
Different developer. Visually they do have sort of the same style i agree, but the game looks to play very differently.

Balling
Premium Member

15th Nov 12 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Almost time. Can't wait for this, hope it lives up to the hype.

Lots of good vids (in various languages) on their YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/hitman/videos?view=0

eckers90

15th Nov 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its very good, graphic wise and story wise, im only on the second mission, but very crafty, i suppose it reminds me a lot of the old splinter cells, you needs brains not just brawn, a lot of sneakiness not to get caught, need patience.
Balling
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 06:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eckers90
need patience.
You're not saying.

Only a few missions in and really struggling on Normal difficulty.

Like no other game I've ever played. Incredible freedom of choice, even to paint your self well and truly in to a corner.
Very unforgiving if you make a mistake, but also very rewarding when you do something right. The accident kills are fantastic even if you do get negative score for dropping a disco ball on a stripper as a diversion.

Can't recommend this enough for people who like stealth games and need a break from the mindless FPS's currently dominating the scene.

fazza

22nd Nov 12 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't played this since PS1 many years ago. Might have to get involved with this. Wasn't that assed about buying COD but this does tick my box!

Spent last 30mins watching vids on youtube and looks great
AdZ9

22nd Nov 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I had pre-ordered to get the sniper game, is it available still?

Will definitely be picking this up, along with Assassins Creed 3
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched the review and i didnt get too excited tbh..

http://www.gametrailers.com/games/jtign2/hitman--absolution

Balling
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Watched the review and i didnt get too excited tbh..
http://www.gametrailers.com/games/jtign2/hitman--absolution
Reading that, I agree with a lot of it except for how easy the negative points are to ignore, compared with how satisfying the good points are.

This is definitely not an action game, though. Any one expecting to run in to it guns blazing will be very disappointed. I've played more than one mision without killing a single soul, but simply sneaking from one end of a house to another.
The cool thing is, if you wanted you could play the same level and kill 20 cops. I'd affect your score, but then that doesn't really mean a lot...

I'll hold my final conclusion until I've had a few hours more with the game. But so far I'm enjoying it and I keep thinking I want to replay each level to see how I could have taken a different path as it truly feels like I'm only seeing about 25% of the game.

Balling
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking at a walk through of a previous hit and it's actually staggering how much things can change.
The entry point I chose gave me a steel pipe as the only additional weapon to my wire and pistol where as a different route takes you through a room holding a silenced gun and a key card, that undoubtedly makes everything quite a bit easier.

chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Nov 12 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will put some hours into it before making a dinal judgement.
fazza

22nd Nov 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to see if I can hire it from blockbuster this weekend before buying it
Balling
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Target shooting against some chick to win back the silenced Silverballers proved impossible.

Ended up just stealing them back after some sneaking around.

On a side note, the first Hope level shows some pretty idiotic AI.
In the middle of a shooting contest cops suddenly started running out on the shooting range to check on something suspicious. Wtf?

Brett
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How cool

quote:

- Ice cream truck assassination

When Agent 47 must kill his target in the middle of the arid desert, there is an alternate way to kill him. Instead of shooting him, walk toward the five vultures nearby to scare them off. They will then be near or on the rusty old car and the fallen dead tree, as well as one right beside the grave. All five birds should then fly into the sky and circle the area. Grab the sniper rifle from Agent 47's car trunk, and shoot the three vultures in the sky to your right (from the car, looking toward the grave), then shoot the next bird slightly to the left (about the center of the screen), and finally shoot the last bird on the left. If done correctly, the target will slowly walk to a certain spot, and an ice cream truck will speed by, hitting and killing the target.

Balling
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 10:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How random!

fazza

25th Nov 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've hired this for a week from blockbuster and it's not all that if im honest. Not completely feeling the love for it.

It's alright like, just not amazing imo
Balling
Premium Member

25th Nov 12 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to agree so far.
It has some moments of pure awesomeness, but a lot of the time it feels like you're just sneaking around doing nothing at all...

fazza

25th Nov 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
but a lot of the time it feels like you're just sneaking around doing nothing at all...

Exactly this tbh.

nathy_87

25th Nov 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
How cool

quote:

- Ice cream truck assassination

When Agent 47 must kill his target in the middle of the arid desert, there is an alternate way to kill him. Instead of shooting him, walk toward the five vultures nearby to scare them off. They will then be near or on the rusty old car and the fallen dead tree, as well as one right beside the grave. All five birds should then fly into the sky and circle the area. Grab the sniper rifle from Agent 47's car trunk, and shoot the three vultures in the sky to your right (from the car, looking toward the grave), then shoot the next bird slightly to the left (about the center of the screen), and finally shoot the last bird on the left. If done correctly, the target will slowly walk to a certain spot, and an ice cream truck will speed by, hitting and killing the target.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_VmhuMTYCo

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll