corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa d c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa d c20xe
GB123
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Oct 12 at 18:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it's been posted on here before but I can't find it.

Anyway it looks like it's up for sale now:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-2L-16V-REDTOP-TACKDAY-TOY-/271077197689?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3f1d75c779&_uhb=1#ht_698wt_1186
AlunJ

11th Oct 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a sleeper that
ianofbhills

11th Oct 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've seen it around before but is there a build thread anywhere in the web?
Corsa_Sport21

11th Oct 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RC from over on Mig built it, but there's not a build thread. Just a coupe of pictures.
Norcy91

11th Oct 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see that being very quick

They're alot heavier than a B and 150bhp isn't alot in a small hatch these days
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RC on migweb did it IIRC. He put up a few photos in his RWD astra thread but I don't think there was a project thread dedicated to it.

EDIT: Beaten to my reply

[Edited on 11-10-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
GB123
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i'm not sure it's massively quick tbh.

Just interesting really, could have chosen a lot more powerful/modern engine instead.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say it was more the challenge of doing it was the reason for choosing that engine.

Now it's been done though it might be easier to switch it to a LET

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Eck
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Different I guess. But a complete waste.
ianofbhills

11th Oct 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
I'd say it was more the challenge of doing it was the reason for choosing that engine.

Now it's been done though it might be easier to switch it to a LET

That is why i wanted to know.
Be interesting to find out what problems need to be overcome for the canbus as well as what shafts/ mounts etc are used.
ianofbhills

11th Oct 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

150hp i dont think it will be that bad.
Considering it was a 1.2 with a blown engine
Corsa_Sport21

11th Oct 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/381713-ronnies-project-rwd-d-mk3-astra-gsi-turbo-rear-wheel-drive-%3B-83.html
Mark.W

11th Oct 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

How when its a much quicker engine that was in.Maybe an older engine in a newer car but still an improvement over the original factory one.
Jamie-C

11th Oct 12 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone through a hissy fit the last time this was posted on here
Eck
Premium Member

11th Oct 12 at 23:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

How when its a much quicker engine that was in.Maybe an older engine in a newer car but still an improvement over the original factory one.

It's a much quicker engine but it won't be a fast car. The likes of old hot hatches like 106 GTi's would dust it. How do you know it's an improvement? Being a 1.2 it might have been bought for economy and being a newer car, reliability? So how is it an improvement to stick an old, more than likely moon miled 2.0 into it?
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 05:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i belive that mtec or some other tunning company offer a fitting kit to put z20let/ler engines into the d and have done for several years now. very common swap over seas instead of chucking huge cash at a 1.6 to get 300bhp + with stand alone ecu's any thing is possible if youve got the space.
Mark.W

12th Oct 12 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

It's a much quicker engine but it won't be a fast car. The likes of old hot hatches like 106 GTi's would dust it. How do you know it's an improvement? Being a 1.2 it might have been bought for economy and being a newer car, reliability? So how is it an improvement to stick an old, more than likely moon miled 2.0 into it?

May not be a fast car,may not be a economic & may not be as reliable been a older engine but still an improvement over any 1.2 engine I dont think the owner would have chose that engine to be economic & reliable
ianofbhills

12th Oct 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
i belive that mtec or some other tunning company offer a fitting kit to put z20let/ler engines into the d and have done for several years now. very common swap over seas instead of chucking huge cash at a 1.6 to get 300bhp + with stand alone ecu's any thing is possible if youve got the space.

Nah not on the D they dont.

The Corsa C has a conversion kit available and indeed there are loads of z20le(x) engines fitted into C's in the uk.

As far as I can see there are only 2 z20le(x) converted corsa D's in existance. One done by a chap in germany who figured out how to use the oem ecu and the other owned by richvxr in the uk. Rich had a load of problems getting his to run right on factory management so had to go stand alone in the end.
Definitely not a common conversion in the Corsa D.
davegreen
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive seen a few differant 2.0l d's on you tube, and some company doing a kit with instuctions on how to wire it up etc. it was a while ago now, the vxr hadnt been out long and it surprised me that people would do this on such a new car?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa d c20xe 23 database queries in 0.0170360 seconds