corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Tablets and Laptops and stuff...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tablets and Laptops and stuff...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Sep 12 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All my kit is coming up 2/3 years old (except the iPad)...

So I've got an iPad... it's a lovely bit of kit and everything but I'm just not 100% sure it's worth the £400 I paid for it!

I use it to internet surf, BBC iPlayer and to read emails, that's about it. I have other apps on there but to be perfectly honest I just don't think I need it!

I use my laptop for all my work (mostly RDP, software editing, spreadsheets, online stuff etc) but now very rarely for anything else unless I'm using a certain computer program for a certain task!

My contract it up next month so I'm going to swap to a SIM only contract and had the idea I'd:

- Swap my HTC Desire S for an iPhone 4 (or 4s)
- Swap the iPad for a Google Nexus 7 - having a tablet is awesome for a weekend away/on the sofa etc... but I can't see what that would do that the iPad doesn't!
- Get a Microsoft Surface (work is likely to fund this for me)
- Keep my M11x laptop

Anyone got any input or ideas into this? Anyone using a Nexus 7?

I want to keep running the 3 platforms (iOS, Android and Win8) as my line of work practically depends on it...

[Edited on 27-09-2012 by pow]
Nismo

27th Sep 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mac Air? with Parallels Win 7 installed.

I think after using an iPad and going to another tablet will just feel like stepping back in time, every tablet ive used just doesn't compare to an iPad [/fanboy]
Whittie

27th Sep 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're getting a 4s, may aswell keep the ipad, interact nicely.

Nexus 7 looks cool, then again, how much you going to get for your ipad, and is it worth the downgrade?
Whittie

27th Sep 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was in a pretty similar situation tbh, Ended up buying iPhone5, iPad3, Blackberry Playbook and wiping my laptop of any shite, Using blackberry atm, for web browsing and work stuff, ipad for general browsing, pissing about with, and computer soley for photoshop, dreamweaver etc.

May replace the laptop some point with either a high end one or a mac, still unsure, don't really like windows 8 either
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a fan boy. MBP, Iphone5, iPad. Use parallels on the mac so can still do all windows stuff. Use the ipad for shopping and browsing the net and the mac for everything else. Just all work nicely together.
Matt L

27th Sep 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if going down the nexus7 route id stick with an android phone, if your set on going down the dark side with the iphone then id stick with the ipad, as whittie said swapping things between would be so much simpler/easier if both on the same platform.

personally id go nexus but thats because i hate apple
pow
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My reasons for keeping multi platform are that I want to keep aquanted with iOS, Android and Windows. I don't understand why I'd want both iOS or both Android?

I'm not going the Mac route for a while yet
Sam
Premium Member

27th Sep 12 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep the iPad and laptop, sell the HTC and get a Galaxy S3.
Whittie

27th Sep 12 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably the best reply tbh ^

As for you Dave not knowing why you'd want both iOS or android... ios, cloud, flick stuff on phone to ipad etc etc etc, same with android.
Munchie

27th Sep 12 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an iphone 4s (year old) but going for a Nexus 7 very soon....I can get discount from currys and so can you, so let me know if you need a hand etc.

rumours of 3G version out soon which could be around £230 ish....Price right now is £199 but I can get for £167 with NHS and staff discount but I think I can get you a Nexus for around £186 with discounts

New Poll