corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Bedroom hifi setups

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bedroom hifi setups
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

want a minimalist look for the bedroom, but want a decent system in there. don't know whether to go for floor standing speakers, get speakers you can inset for a wall or what to go for? what has everyone got? want something i'll be able to connect my iPhone
Nismo

18th Sep 12 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends how much you want to spend, i wouldnt go for floor speakers, wall mount them in the corners, makes more space in the room.

Have a look here, Some nice half decent mini systems, look at Cambridge Audio, Onkyo or Denon for sub £250 units.

http://www.richersounds.com/products/hi-fi-separates/separates/mini-hifi-systems

[Edited on 18-09-2012 by Nismo]
James

18th Sep 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just got a decent iPod dock
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Sep 12 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 850w 5.1 surround sound system
Dom

18th Sep 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really depends on budget and what you're after.
But if you're looking for a decent sounding hifi then you can pick up Rotel (RB 970/960/980) gear off eBay relatively cheap and coupled with some classic Mission 760/760i book shelfs (get them on some decent spiked stands) you have a very good hifi for not a lot.
Similarly you can pick up old-school Arcam pre's and amps for not a huge amount, likewise with Denon PMA stuff although if budget allows then have a look at Cyrus.

In this case, don't wall mount bookshelf speakers; get them on a decent set of stands and on a solid base.

However, if you're just after sound then go with a dock, mini system or an all-in-one.

Mark - Highly unlikely that'll be continuous, rather total power.

[Edited on 18-09-2012 by Dom]

New Poll