corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Brake upgrade on corsa c, help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Brake upgrade on corsa c, help please
gsiwannabe

User status: Offline
7th Sep 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello again people, im after yet more help

In this case its for a friend of mine, he has a corsa c on a 55 plate he is needing to know will a set of astra mk4 gsi turbo 308mil discs an calipers n hanger be a straight forward swap over ?? Ie will they bolt straight up to his bubs without needing modifing ?

Any help would be great :-)

Thanks in advance
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it may be easier to go to the parts desk at your local Vaux and discuss it with them

i did this when swapping seats between Astra into my Corsa. they were not only able to help but happy to do so as we worked through the parts and assembly drawings they had on their system
marklawton

7th Sep 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope. you will need the carriers off a meriva vxr and then a set of spigot rings to centre the disc
corsadonk
Premium Member

7th Sep 12 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also need to re-drill the disc's.

These are the carriers you need.

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_MERIVA_FRONT_DISC_CALIPER_CARRIER_-_93189697.html

Mine came this week.
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Sep 12 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive done this to mine, got the brackets from LMF they also sell discs redrilled to four stud and spigot rings.
davieslim

9th Sep 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got the calipers,discs and pads for sale and spigot rings, just missing the meriva vxr pad carriers which sadly are different to the corsa vxr pad carriers,

New Poll