corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B 1.6 Sport Brake Upgrade

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.6 Sport Brake Upgrade
ryanlockie

User status: Offline
5th Aug 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I've had my corsa lowered, new full exhaust system, Viper intake and Inlet Manifold.

It's been rolling roaded at 134 brake and now I seriously need to upgrade my brakes, I've heard that I can take the 2.0 astra callipers and discs and fit them straight on with a spigott ring, or I can go for a kit which has it all in.

1) Do the astra/bigger calipers take the same brake hoses as the corsa? As I have upgraded the hoses to black diamond ones already.
2) I've only found one kit avalible:

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/288mm-4-Stud-Front-Brake-Upgrade-Kit.html

Is there any other sites? Or is it better if I arrange my own kit?

Cheers!
Anthony

5th Aug 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes from a astra gsi, gte cav gsi, cali 16v will go straight on, remember to get the carriers, and yes the hoses are the same. You could probaly do the same kit that lmf offer, slightly cheaper, by taken the v6 brakes from a vectra v6, or cav, or cali turbo, which i believe are the same. You would have to get some v6 discs redrilled to four stud though.
8vcorsa

7th Aug 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had v6 omega brakes on his and he redrilled them him self i got cav gsi brakes on mine and it stoppes better but spongey abit but your brake hoses will make if feel less spongey i got the original brake hoses i only changed mine because my brakes wouldnt stop when my mate took my car for a spin the brakes got hot really quick but the v6 brakes my mate hade he used to propper take his car around corners and all that and his brakes would stop him straight away but he had to have 15's as the lowest wheels and i can have 14s on mine with the 256mm brakes the x16xe is 256mm but not as wide as the 2.0 so the 2.0 are better than the x16xe and they 2.0 ones have to deal with 150bhp and a two tonne car on a corsa its a 1tonne car and on yours over 130bhp so they would be ok on them but if you want propper stopping power the v6 ones id go for
ryanlockie

7th Aug 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Guys!

New Poll