corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fast Road

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fast Road
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
dont know why you even bothered upgrading your brakes/pads, if your standard ones were not upto the job or working properly then its driver error.

I was considering dropping some DS2500's in as I do like them but they were £200.
I got my K-Sport set up for £500, sold the Brembos for £325.
So got an 8 pot, 2 piece set up for £175, less than the cost of a set of pads.

Yeh you're right, no logic there. I must be thick and driving my car wrong.

I agree with you i was referring to the post earlier in this thread
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You moody fucking bastard..

Where did i say you couldnt drive??

I have used your beloved pads on track and i found that they were not up to te task at hand. I believe they were red ones.

I only mention the track as you are going to be putting your braking system (in this case brake pads) through a tough time and any issues which you might not find on the road will certainly raise their head on track.

thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Too much ego anger, you moan when others criticise you but then you launched into this with

quote:
Dunno about your gay Puma

I would like to have a discussion about a topic that I have experienced and been through without being told that I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about from people on the internet that have never met me. Maybe there is an ego involved but all topics covered, I have experienced them first hand.

Regarding your Puma, everyone else takes the piss, I'm just tagging along. Nothing personal.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i can apply the same logic to you and your evo then?
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
You moody fucking bastard..

Where did i say you couldnt drive??

I have used your beloved pads on track and i found that they were not up to te task at hand. I believe they were red ones.

I only mention the track as you are going to be putting your braking system (in this case brake pads) through a tough time and any issues which you might not find on the road will certainly raise their head on track.

Come on, don't write condescendingly and not expect people to get moody.

I mentioned a few times that I can't comment on track use as I haven't used them. I even backed up PF11's and XP10's for track use. This thread is titled "Fast Road".....that's what I'm talking about. I think you have misunderstood.
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So i can apply the same logic to you and your evo then?

What do you mean?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone on here takes the piss out of you and your high and mighty attitude, eg if you have to ask you cant afford and evo, and the rest of the bollocks in your project thread you were moaning about
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, yeh if you want mate. x
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Too much ego anger, you moan when others criticise you but then you launched into this with

quote:
Dunno about your gay Puma

I would like to have a discussion about a topic that I have experienced and been through without being told that I'm wrong and don't know what I'm talking about from people on the internet that have never met me. Maybe there is an ego involved but all topics covered, I have experienced them first hand.

Regarding your Puma, everyone else takes the piss, I'm just tagging along. Nothing personal.

If you had a car (what ever lets say a lotus elise) with no fancy braking aids and you were told to try out 10 of the current pads out there and you did a controlled test im pretty sure infact id put money on it that the ebc would be near the bottom. (if your honest about it)

Fair enough you are using ebc's and you havent had many problems with them thats fine but it doesnt mean that thy are not pads out there better, infact as it happens there are many pads out there which are better. Cost is obviously a consideration you have to make when choosing what you get, heck my brake pads were nearly £300! But i got them because braking confidence is one of the most important aspects of driving to me. There are also other factors to consider, noise, feel, expelled dust etc. all play a part into how 'good' a pad compound is.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of handbags in here!
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sorry Chris but we seemed to have had our wires crossed somewhere.

If you read my posts relating to fast road brake set ups, I have only ever given my opinions on what I have found personally with my cars and my driving style, not what I have read on the internet.

Don't understand how people can say that I am wrong when I know what I have tried and I know what I prefer for my driving style/car. You speak as you find, that's pretty much it in a nut shell.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Fast road' I would stick with standard. But as thegsi does it for the 'Oh i have 2 piece discs and a evo lar de dar' he has EBC so to the commoner they think its immense.

Tracking it then obviously you need to change the compound
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
lots of handbags in here!

No. There's just no discussion, only "right and wrong" arguments.

Like when a lad put up a thread about LET Corsas and handling and I said they were crap. Everyone went fucking crazy giving me a round of fucks because of my ego. Best part was, I was the only one who owned one!!
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
'Fast road' I would stick with standard. But as thegsi does it for the 'Oh i have 2 piece discs and a evo lar de dar' he has EBC so to the commoner they think its immense.

Are fucking retarded? Seriously?
Read my posts, I have been honest and impartial to what I have found with my car and Sean's car which was tracked with the same pads.

I have covered all elements of the topic and written what I feel on the matter. The only sad act who is bringing up the whole "ego" is you.

Wind your neck in and stop acting so predictable.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Are fucking retarded? Seriously?
Read my posts, I have been honest and impartial to what I have found with my car and Sean's car which was tracked with the same pads.

I have covered all elements of the topic and written what I feel on the matter. The only sad act who is bringing up the whole "ego" is you.

Wind your neck in and stop acting so predictable.

Confusing me with steve i have never once said anything about 'ego'
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

What's this?
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo ego
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm sorry Chris but we seemed to have had our wires crossed somewhere.

If you read my posts relating to fast road brake set ups, I have only ever given my opinions on what I have found personally with my cars and my driving style, not what I have read on the internet.

Don't understand how people can say that I am wrong when I know what I have tried and I know what I prefer for my driving style/car. You speak as you find, that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

No i dont think we have..

Your opinion is your own but how can you get pissy when you are told you wrong when you havent even use your ebc pads in an enviroment which really tests how a brake pad copes. I have tested personally in a controlled enviroment and pushed the ebc, performance friction, carbon lorraine, mintex etc and the ebc pads were not as good as the others.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

quote:
evo ego

alot of that on track days people with evo's hate moving over!
chris_uk
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have also noticed that from evo/scooby drivers but not half as bad as lotus exige drivers but that might be because they dont like being overtaken by a poor mans lotus.

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by chris_uk]
thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure I have expressed my opinion BASED ON FAST ROAD CONDITIONS! I'm pretty sure I have posted saying I can't comment on the pads response under track conditions as I haven't used them on track. What don't you get about that? What don't you understand? You're telling me that I have said things that I haven't.

Jesus you people let it go.

thegsi

5th Sep 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
evo ego

What car do you drive vrsturbokid3000lad?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
evo ego

What car do you drive vrsturbokid3000lad?

R26 Megane
gez bay

5th Sep 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The word 'fast road' defines it perfect IMO.

Standard, obviously standard.

'fast road' defines upgraded, still work from cold ect and good for light trackdays.

For example, I would use ferrodo ds2500 on my car for the road, as I know they work just as well as standard from cold, and don't fade as quick as standard pads.

I wouldn't use those carbon Lorraine pads on my road car, as they have a high metal compound, don't work as well from cold, and ruin your paint work.
So when I see them described as 'trackday' pads, it's fine.

This is all a pointless argument
Steve
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay

'fast road' defines upgraded, still work from cold ect and good for light track days
what has any if that got to do with fast and roads though, you aren't meant to drive fast on the roads so how can you have it as a serious category. It like having tyres that will give you a good launch so are suitable for bank robbery use.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Fast Road 22 database queries in 0.0248239 seconds