corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub earthing problem please help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub earthing problem please help!!
Noonie241

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I removed my sub from my boot last week and put it back in the other day. Everything is connected as it was, but I am only getting a buzzing noise from the sub. There are 2 lights on the sub, power and protection. The power light is on but not the protection. I have checked the fuse (20A) in the sub and it is fine. So I'm guessing it's the earth? Can someone please tell
Me how to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sub is an FLI FU12 active sub
davegreen
Premium Member

3rd Sep 12 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the power light is on you should have a good earth but check to see that it is fixed to the amp and body of car ok, most likely though that yo have a signal wire problem? poor conection or shorted out some where? check all leads are ok to head unit.
Mertin

3rd Sep 12 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car, corsa? My sub used to cut in and out due to a dodgy earth. Ended up using the rear light as an earth and was spot on ever since. Rub away any paint with some emerypaper first though
Johnjourno

12th Sep 12 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds stupid but check you have put the 12v cable and earth on the right terminals, JBL amps light up to say power but with protect when wired backwards!
pow
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a better earth, always used to use the seatbelt mounting bolt.

New Poll