corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8 sri

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c 1.8 sri
bignev

User status: Offline
31st Aug 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O ok had no idea about that cheers mate I will propbably be better goin for an aftermarket one in that case do u think? I take it they would be exspensive through vauxhall?
mattant

31st Aug 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bignev
O ok had no idea about that cheers mate I will propbably be better goin for an aftermarket one in that case do u think? I take it they would be exspensive through vauxhall?

Yeah I think someone from CCUK went to Vauxhall for one and was quoted near £200 just for the backbox
AndyCorsaSport

31st Aug 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most parts are expensive for these as they are different to 1.4/1.2 etc. Mine needed a CV joint at one time, priced up a complete shaft instead, Vaux was £450 + VAT iirc. No where else did them at all, ended up getting a joint for £60

I have a brand new rear caliper for one here still that I didn't need.
davieslim

31st Aug 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a genuine gm box that was removed after 40miles, i gave it a rub down and coat of silver paint to hopefully make it last longer once it was on the car, cost £160 and havent been able to sell it
zac753

31st Aug 12 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these 1.8 back box's the hangers just rust up and fall off, i know this to to mine done it its being held on by the one back hanger and there hard to come by and there no pattern part for the 1.8 and vauxhall want to much like normal.
davieslim

1st Sep 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats why i painted mines with bilt hambers rust treatment and silver alunminum paint so that if it went back on it would maybe last slightly longer then the one fitted just now

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c 1.8 sri 22 database queries in 0.0118330 seconds