corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Anyone have staff who use tablets out on site / in the field?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone have staff who use tablets out on site / in the field?
Bart

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at the possiblity of trialling a tablet or two, which would mainly be using excel to fill out surveys.

I was just curious if anyone else is doing such a thing and which tablet they're using?

Due to file sharing, ease of moving files and cost, I wont be considering iPads.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Bart]
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We tried using tablets but it didnt work, now we use 'Destiny' and use a blackberry for the connectivity side of it. http://www.destinywireless.com/flash/#/home/intro/

Basically sales guys fill in a sales inspection form, pass it to the customer for their copy, the data collected on the pen transfers to the Destiny site and over lays it on the same form as filled in the property, but online, this is then emailed to the admin guys so you have a digital form already in place.

[Edited on 22-08-2012 by Toby]
Gary
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of reps that come see us have ipads now. Works well, although i'd go down the android route for the greater availability of document editors winzip etc etc
Sam
Premium Member

22nd Aug 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my brothers works as a sales director for a company overseas, he swears by his iPad and says it's great for using in meetings etc.
Wrighty_1988

23rd Aug 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got told by my bro that all maint personnel with network rail are to get company iphones, and the team leaders get a works ipad. Sounds quite good.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Aug 12 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty_1988
I got told by my bro that all maint personnel with network rail are to get company iphones, and the team leaders get a works ipad. Sounds quite good.

Yeah, all got Iphones about 2 months ago. iPads are on their way. Interesting move for them to make and would be intrested to see the return on cost.

They supply some dedicated apps as well, but not sure Bart's co will have the requirement and budget for their own apps.
Rob_Quads

23rd Aug 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The business market is where the iPad is really starting to expand recently.

I think it will also become common place on flights soon too as the cost savings vs a normal in-flight system is quite significant.

New Poll