corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b EPS steering rack

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b EPS steering rack
dion la

User status: Offline
21st Aug 12 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Took the mrs corsa for mot yesturday failed on a few things, Rear wheel bearings, Brake balance, Excessive play in the steering rack from the inner sides. What i want to know is the EPS steering rack the same as a manual none pas rack? Unipart have 2 listed 1 is a hydraulic and 1 manual but as the corsa has EPS it has no fluid bottle so could i get away with a manual rack? cheers
.Matt

24th Aug 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The steering rack's are the same yes, but the cage for the column is not. To switch you need to change the cage for the column, and one of the pedals can't recall which one. Not sure how the car will re act to no signal from the EPS Ecu though. As i switched dash looms when i switched to PAS.
Nic Barnes

25th Aug 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the epas rack isnt the same as a manual rack not exactly. it has less turns lock to lock than a manual one. looks the same and fits the same as a manual one, a manual one would work although just require more turning.

New Poll