corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been to New York City - Booked

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone been to New York City - Booked
ryzer

User status: Offline
4th Sep 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seth, find johns pizzeria off broadway, amazing pizza there, they don't fuck about with loads of choices though, but not too expensive and really really good. Guaranteed.
SetH

4th Sep 12 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok dude, I`ll check it if I remember
SetH

8th Sep 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Booked!

New York Palace with upgraded room, spotted it on Virgin holidays then found the same hotel (and virgin flight) for £800 cheaper on Expedia.

I R excited
big eck

8th Sep 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Result matey.

The wife and I have managed to get 2 weeks off in September next year to finally go to New York. She's been on the net for weeks looking at deals. We're gonna go for either 5 or 7 days depending on people's recommendation. We're looking to do all the touristy stuff including a broadway show (which is a must the wife says lol). Expedia is a good site like you say Seth and offer great deals. We've seen a hotel called the Novotel at times square and it looks superb. Good reviews so far. It's a bit expensive at £2600 for the week but we expected it to be dear. It's just a pity they don't do quotes for next September which is when we will go.

Is it possible to do all the good stuff in 5 days or is the 7 days better???
Matt L

9th Sep 12 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eck, novatel is amazing, stopped in it twice now, i would suggest paying to the time square view upgrade though if possible, i would have booked in there this time but was more expensive than stopping in the waldorf astoria .

off there on sat can not wait.

doing a broadway show this time too (lion king) so hoping its good, gf saw jersey boys last time she went.

[Edited on 09-09-2012 by Matt L]
RichR
Premium Member

9th Sep 12 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stayed in the Times Sq. Novotel too-cracking hotel and makes the rest of the city accessible
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided going next year, just waiting for flights and hotels to become available for Nov / Dec next year do bit of Christmas shopping.

Other than Novatel, where is recommended?

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
SetH

15th Oct 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am 1/3 of the way through the rough guides guidbook for NY City.

Lots of cool information, stuff you would never realise was there and some good tips.
whitter45

15th Oct 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

enjoy it matey its an awesome place to go

Definitel ygo China town for a meal its awesome down there as is little italy and Soho
big eck

19th Oct 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seth, who did you book with and how much if you don't mind me asking???

We're still non the wiser trying to get bit booked as Thomas Cook say they can't give us any deals yet as its to far ahead.
AdZ9

19th Oct 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the wife went as part of our honeymoon (Vegas > New York > Florida)

Bloody loved it.

One thing I did hate though, and it nearly sent me into a rage was Times Square, the ticket touts and general CUNTS trying to get you into places. One guy followed us half way down the road and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Definitely walk round Central Park, that's a good day in itself (with food in between somewhere).

Talking of food, you HAVE to try Blue Smoke BBQ - not sure where it was again, if you google it though it will show up
Welsh Dan

19th Oct 12 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We stayed in the New York Palace three weeks ago. Great room, but they're doing work at the hotel at the moment and there's loads of scaffolding outside the hotel.

The day we left, loads of people from the UN arrived to stay there.

If you want something nice and non touristy to do, look for the Highline Park, down off 14th
Welsh Dan

19th Oct 12 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, download the Trip Advisor City Guide for NY. It's free and it doesn't need to use any data when its working, so wont cost you anything. It points you to really good restaurants and things to do, which you wouldn't normally have done.
N16K

19th Oct 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I the only one that visited places based on Home Alone 2 then?
AdZ9

20th Oct 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, we went to the bridge in Central Park with the pidgeon lady!

I also got dragged along to see the bloody Sex in the City house and Friends house in the intro video
SetH

20th Oct 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
We stayed in the New York Palace three weeks ago. Great room, but they're doing work at the hotel at the moment and there's loads of scaffolding outside the hotel.

I did not realise his until after I had booked it. Reading some of the trip advisor reviews it does not seem to be a problem and I would imagine any ongoing work would probably stop for the holiday season.

Do you find anywhere decent within a stones throw for breakfast that you can recommend? Heard its mega pricey to eat in the hotel.
Welsh Dan

20th Oct 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The scaffolding wasn't a problem. There certainly wasn't any noise or mess from it and I think one of those reviews is by my mum

There were a few small breakfast/deli shops within 2 blocks, we tried a few different ones, because as you said, the hotel brekky is expensive. Wifi was expensive too, but free in the lobby.

Look on the trip advisor city guide, it has loads of great places and tells you how pricey they are.
big eck

29th Oct 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank fuck I'm not there just now lol
Cavey

29th Oct 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate got there on Saturday! Said its all right, just not allowed to leave the hotel
Pop

12th Nov 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just sorted out our mini trip for next year...

April 3rd - Fly out and land in the evening

April 4th - New York Yankees v Boston Red Sox at the Yankee Stadium (tickets on sale soon)

April 5th - New York Knicks v Milwaukee Bucks at Madison Square Gardens

April 6th - Go to Philladelphia for sightseeing, mainly to run up the Rocky steps and get a picture with the statue

April 7th - Wrestlemania 29 at the Metlife Centre, New Jersey

April 8th - Fly home in the evening

April 9th - Land at Heathrow at 07: 05, jump on the Rail Air coach back to Reading and go straight into work

Can't wait to go!

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Pop]
Matt L

12th Nov 12 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
We've just sorted out our mini trip for next year...

April 3rd - Fly out and land in the evening

April 4th - New York Yankees v Boston Red Sox at the Yankee Stadium (tickets on sale soon)

April 5th - New York Knicks v Milwaukee Bucks at Madison Square Gardens

April 6th - Go to Philladelphia for sightseeing, mainly to run up the Rocky steps and get a picture with the statue

April 7th - Wrestlemania 29 at the Metlife Centre, New Jersey

April 8th - Fly home in the evening

April 9th - Land at Heathrow at 07: 05, jump on the Rail Air coach back to Reading and go straight into work

Can't wait to go!

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by Pop]

i hope you can sleep on the plane i really do not envy you going straight to work.

I thought i would be fine, even slept on the plane a (as much as you can with a small child constantly crying), how i drove home i do not know, got home around 9ish didnt see anything until 4.30
Aaron

15th Jul 13 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So....near enough a year after posting this thread, i've finally booked a holiday to NYC for me and my Mrs. Flying out for a week mid-November

We're staying in a place called the Metro Hotel. Seems to have good reviews on Expedia, and the person who helped us book it in the shop has stayed there before and said it's perfect for what we want.

Now it's time to watch every film and TV episode which is based in NY
Nath

15th Jul 13 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting with Home Alone 2
Aaron

15th Jul 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*whatevertheword/codeisforthatyellownoddingsmileyface*
RichR
Premium Member

15th Jul 13 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much has it set you back and where are you flying from/to?

I'm booking on the 17th July - just waiting for next season's NHL schedule to be released first

[Edited on 15-07-2013 by LiVe LeE]

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone been to New York City - Booked 23 database queries in 0.1127038 seconds