corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Leak in drivers footwell

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Leak in drivers footwell
Marbled

User status: Offline
7th Aug 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After it has been raining Ive noticed a wet patch develops in the drivers footwell. Am fairly sure it's nothing engine related as car still runs fine any ideas ?
john_redtop

7th Aug 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old corsa rotted away around the servo used to let water in carpet used to be soaked also check the bung in the drivers footwell to engine bay hasn't came off or any holes in the floor
Marbled

7th Aug 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does that mean stripping the carpet out to get access to the bung ?
Jed D

7th Aug 12 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, follow your wiring loom in from the bay, you'll see a rubber bung down there, always leak in
davieslim

8th Aug 12 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a list of common water leaks for the corsa c, ive got 3 corsa c's to sort which all have rivers inside
Jed D

8th Aug 12 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im currently on getting the sound deadening out the b, I was gob smacked at the spongy bit that comes out the front foot well area, it weighed a fucking ton due to being drenched in water
john_redtop

8th Aug 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's one were Jed said and there's one above above the pedals no need to move carpet etc. Reason I reshelled my engine as was a massive leak I could push my foot down on the carpet and a puddle would form
Marbled

8th Aug 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't seem to be coming from above the pedals as that is all dry the only place that is wet is we're the heals of your feet would be when in the driving position ?

New Poll