corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irish Vauxhall Corsa SXi

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Irish Vauxhall Corsa SXi
jrdn7

User status: Offline
6th Aug 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, let's try this again.

Bought this nice little silver SXi 1.5 TD for not very much money. Have quite a few plans for it, but big ones will have to wait as I'm heading back to school in 2 weeks.

So, first off, here's the car after it's first wash in my ownership.

This pic is after a quick enough wash and shammy, didn't get a chance to do the alloys as the end of the hose exploded and split the end of the hose itself, as well as the attachment hitting a chicken in the nearby field. Forgot to get pics of the car when I bought it, was too excited and it was getting dark anyways.

Current plans are:
- Wash with new pressure washer
- Lower 40mm
- Fit 6"x9"s
- Fit 4 speaker subwoofer (of my own design )
- Turn up turbo
- Sort out rust spots
- Fit 1.7TD turbo
- Fit K&N/Green filters induction kit

Loads of other things, hopefully lowering it this weekend! Will also get pics of the inside soon, complete with 7 magic trees (supplied with car).

And for anyone that's wondering, the little red corsa is sitting behind the garage all alone. It'll be getting done up along with this one!
Darrell16v

7th Aug 12 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think I saw this advertised on Gumtree. Looks a very clean base

Plans sound good
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Aug 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks smart buddy

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
jrdn7

7th Aug 12 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads!

Darrell, aye it was on gumtree. Bought it in derry city in the waterside.
jrdn7

7th Aug 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few other plans I thought of today, considering fitting a hydraulic handbrake (for a bit of fun) and a few carbon parts will be getting fitted. May get a set of Team Dynamics 16's & yoko paradas when the tyres wear out on the current alloys.
Nathan Kirkpatrick

7th Aug 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much would u be looking to buy my engine for?

forgot to ask u the other day fella...
jrdn7

7th Aug 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Kirkpatrick
how much would u be looking to buy my engine for?

forgot to ask u the other day fella...

U2U me a rough price buddy. I've a price in my head but I'm not sure of it.
Nathan Kirkpatrick

8th Aug 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u'd fella
jrdn7

11th Aug 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Planned to fit the -40mm suspension I bought off of corsajay88 a few months back today, but when I set off to I found out that Dad has managed to snap the breaker bar in half! Couldn't get the wheels off.

So, will find something else to do with the brilliant day!
*CorsaCal*

11th Aug 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice mate i like the c/c bumpers but the sides need de-bumpstipping because the black bumpstrips stand out a mile!
jrdn7

11th Aug 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. The c/c needs redone most of the way round the car, but I'll sort that out when the GSi kit comes. I think I'll keep the bump strip, I like them for some reason!
*CorsaCal*

11th Aug 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A gsi kit would look good. Fair enough each to their own.
jrdn7

11th Aug 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoping to buy one soon enough off of here. Getting it posted to Ireland is a complete ball ache!

Personally I think the black bump strips break up the silver nicely. Will hopefully look good with my black Team Dynamics alloys.
jrdn7

12th Aug 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a shit day all day here, but I managed to get a bit done. Resprayed the wipers and the scuttle panel. Gave the car a decent wash too and it looks good I think!

Next job, see to this horrible engine bay!

Pressure washer?
corsajay88

12th Aug 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks very good. look forward to seeing progress mate. not keen on the wing mirrors though
jrdn7

12th Aug 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks buddy! Aye mate neither am I. They're getting ditched in favour of some carbon fibre versions!
jrdn7

13th Aug 12 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't sleep properly tonight so decided to wander down to the garage & see what could be done. Few bits needed touching up paint wise, so got cracking at those. Got as far as the primer, gonna leave it overnight to set properly, wet & dry it in the morning & spray it then so.

jrdn7

13th Aug 12 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the first coat of paint on there, and I'm having doubts as to whether or not I was sold the correct paint. Will have pics up later.
jrdn7

15th Sep 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completely forgot about this thread.

Well turned out the paint was miles wrong, so I'll be getting that sorted soon. I'll have pics up of this later.

Fractured my ankle so lost a lot of money getting myself fixed and being away from work. But gathered a bit together now tho & am looking at converting the car to 5 stud, to run V6 brakes and Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's.

Back to school now too so progress will be really slow, but it'll get there. After the 5 stud conversion, V6 brakes and TD's, I'll be getting a GSi front bumper & (possibly carbon) morettes.
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, decided to finally put the pics up of my monumental fuck up. Bought wrong colour paint to touch up dodgy paint (colour coding). But, only small and I'm hopefully getting it fixed this week so I can bare to take it out & get a few decent pics of it.

Pics of my own balls up!

Also, was at a mate's birthday party and came outside to find rear tow point cover was gone & it was keyed down the right hand side. Got the prick that did it anyways, had words.

Finally, bought a clay bar kit & had a go at it on the roof first off. Bitta wax & it's quite shiny!

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by jrdn7]
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame about the colour shade being out mate When you re do it dont mask the areas so tightly so you have room to blend fade the new colour out rather than having a hard edge Roof looks lovely and shiny though bud!
Jamie-C

1st Oct 12 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bring it up to Ballycastle and I'll help you paint it
jrdn7

1st Oct 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun - Yeah mate Dad said that to me afterwards, was my first time spraying anything so I'll know much better for next time! Which will hopefully be this sunday actually.

Jamie - Haha Sure buddy, if only it had tax, MOT, insurance and I had a license! haha Fancy coming down to give us a hand?
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Right, decided to finally put the pics up of my monumental fuck up. Bought wrong colour paint to touch up dodgy paint (colour coding). But, only small and I'm hopefully getting it fixed this week so I can bare to take it out & get a few decent pics of it.

Pics of my own balls up!

Also, was at a mate's birthday party and came outside to find rear tow point cover was gone & it was keyed down the right hand side. Got the prick that did it anyways, had words.

Finally, bought a clay bar kit & had a go at it on the roof first off. Bitta wax & it's quite shiny!

[Edited on 01-10-2012 by jrdn7]

i done same mistake wiv mine, u dont need to mask it, if u mask it u need to do it again..
Jamie-C

1st Oct 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flatten the whole area that needs painted. In your case, flatten the whole bumper top with 1500 wet and dry. Same for the wheel arch, flatten the whole trim.

Just apply paint to the area that needs painted flicking it out in light coats. And then clearcoat the whole bumper top and arch.

And most importantly, get a better colour match , its always good to bring a sample with you to match it up. And don't buy halfords ready mixed crap

I'd come and give you a hand if you were more local tbh.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Irish Vauxhall Corsa SXi 24 database queries in 0.0940170 seconds