corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory, R32 GTR Skyline - VID

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mallory, R32 GTR Skyline - VID
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
1st Aug 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
yes, very good Nic.

Are you that stupid you cannot read?

i think you need to calm down somewhat. youve become easily agressive lately over nothing
AK

1st Aug 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll spell it out for you, and explain some other things that seem to just be flying over your head.

When asking about lap records you'd normally look to the race series or same classes of car to compare. As you seem to understand you cant really compare an F1 car to a Corsa for example.

So - I posted the link to lap records for the RACING SERIES than the R32 GTR races in... you didnt get it. I helped you out and posted the records for the different CLASSES at Mallory in that specific race series. You still didnt get it.

You are the one comparing minis and fiestas vs GTRs. Not me

And as for the bitchy comments about VBOX data being different from TOTB timing. I cant say which is more accurate BUT as I said in that thread... DIFFERENT, not 'wrong'. I used completly guessed start and end points! I only use that to compare the 5 different attempts, not to compare against TOTB 'official' times.

So.... does that clear it up you miserable hippy
SportBoy

1st Aug 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic barnes, Extreme fishing.
Nic Barnes

1st Aug 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
I'll spell it out for you, and explain some other things that seem to just be flying over your head.

When asking about lap records you'd normally look to the race series or same classes of car to compare. As you seem to understand you cant really compare an F1 car to a Corsa for example.

So - I posted the link to lap records for the RACING SERIES than the R32 GTR races in... you didnt get it. I helped you out and posted the records for the different CLASSES at Mallory in that specific race series. You still didnt get it.

You are the one comparing minis and fiestas vs GTRs. Not me

And as for the bitchy comments about VBOX data being different from TOTB timing. I cant say which is more accurate BUT as I said in that thread... DIFFERENT, not 'wrong'. I used completly guessed start and end points! I only use that to compare the 5 different attempts, not to compare against TOTB 'official' times.

So.... does that clear it up you miserable hippy

whats in the same class on that list as the skyline then? as youve not mentioned anything about classes of the car in question
Nic Barnes

1st Aug 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
Nic barnes, Extreme fishing.

no actually, interested in this as thats an extremely fast car.
AK

1st Aug 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic.... you are trolling / fishing... and have been for a few days. Its very obvious.

Read my posts on page 1.

I asked 'what class' or somthing to that effect in response to the laptimes question.

And to answer the Q about what class the GTR is in.... I'd take a fucking wild guess and say NOT the one with the bloody fiesta.

Go to the top of the list... its faster than a Ford Falcon = pretty fast. V8 aussie touring 'thing'

this

Then look a row down and see an Impreza... 4x4 saloon, hmmm..... comparable?

I dont know the exact class structures but I can form an educated guess that doesnt involve minis and fiestas.

spastic.
Nic Barnes

1st Aug 12 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know what a ford falcon is.

are the classes then just on drivetrain set up? so that impreza cant have been in a limited power class etc?
AK

1st Aug 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I had just wrote..... I dont know the class structures.

It may tell you in here http://www.classictouringcars.com/regs_downloads/2012regs/CTCRC%20CT%20BOSS%20REGS.pdf
AK

1st Aug 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
5.2.3.1 Classic Thunder category
Cars will run in eight classes based on actual capacity plus equivalency factor, plus various modification based penalties and bonuses.
Class A2 Classic Thunder - 3,601cc and over
Class A4 All four-wheel drive cars
Class B Classic Thunder - 2,901cc to 3,600cc
Class C Classic Thunder - 2,151cc to 2,900cc
Class D Classic Thunder - 1,701cc to 2,150cc
Class E Classic Thunder - 1,401cc to 1,700cc
Class F Classic Thunder - Up to 1,400cc
Class G Invitation Class
Invitation Class – The invitation class is designed to allow cars that, whilst not strictly adhering to the regulations, have been prepared sympathetically to the spirit of the championship and with committee approval may race under observation.

Nic Barnes

1st Aug 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
as I had just wrote..... I dont know the class structures.

It may tell you in here http://www.classictouringcars.com/regs_downloads/2012regs/CTCRC%20CT%20BOSS%20REGS.pdf

just from where you said comparable, where as thats just a 4x4 saloon car without knowing the actual rules for the class.

edit, interesting, just a class for 4wd with no cc restrictions etc.

thanks

[Edited on 01-08-2012 by Nic Barnes]
AK

1st Aug 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most 4x4 tin tops that race will be 2.0+ 500bhp+ or so.... comparable most of the time. I think that GTR in the vid would be running about 900bhp at the flywheel.

Fee and I run in seperate classes defined by Tyres and Aero rules.

I have to run standard rear wing and road legal tyres.... She can run racing tyres and MSA Blue book compliant aero.

My point was you were making the daft comparisons...
AK

1st Aug 12 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhhh -haaa

quote:
The following rules also apply cumulatively; Forced induction is subject to an equivalency factor of 1.7 Rotary engines are subject to an equivalency factor of 1.8 Cars on List 1a or 1b tyres move down one class. Cars running sequential gearboxes move up one class. Cars with any original suspension mounts not visible (see section 5.8) move up one class. Cars using engine block AND cylinder head AND transmission casings AND number of forward gears AND original suspension pickup points AND glass windscreen AND has the engine in the original location (+-15mm) AND, if using forced induction, uses the original inlet AND exhaust manifolds AND original capacity supercharger/turbocharger unit as the original car move down one class

Quite fancy a go in this series.

Fee is contemplating the GT Cup is sept... her banger will look really out of place
AK

2nd Aug 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Race 2 in the wet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn16QBiABNo

The car doesnt seem too hot on the corners or brakes this time

Maybe its just the wet, but I've seen Mark drive before (with Fee in TimeAttack years ago) and he was crazy in the dry
SetH

2nd Aug 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has the gobstopper been around that track?

Wonder if it's on a par with that R32

[Edited on 02-08-2012 by SetH]
AK

2nd Aug 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea.... havent heard anything about it being at Mallory.

It doesnt actually hold most of the TA lap records from memory. ZEN have/had a few, Gugliwuggli had some in the Exige too.

They'd be pretty comparable but I think the GTR above would prob take it on pure straight line pace.... corners and divers a different matter perhaps.

Really want to see the GobStopper II out sometime this year.... no idea what its going to be like

[Edited on 02-08-2012 by AK]
FlamingCorsa

2nd Aug 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Race 2 in the wet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn16QBiABNo

The car doesnt seem too hot on the corners or brakes this time

Maybe its just the wet, but I've seen Mark drive before (with Fee in TimeAttack years ago) and he was crazy in the dry

his best lap is very similar in the end tho, with track daying out quickly i guess!

looks like he is having to be careful putting power down at start of the race! savage the way it pulls away on straights tho, impressive stuff, have you been to mallory ak? long way for you to travel for a small track, loads of grip there surface is really sticky if that makes sense!
AK

2nd Aug 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been, dont really know much about it either to be honest.

Looks a brutally quick track though
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
never been, dont really know much about it either to be honest.

Looks a brutally quick track though

I wouldnt bother there are better tracks around the area than mallory

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mallory, R32 GTR Skyline - VID 22 database queries in 0.0197349 seconds