corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(
chrisr195

User status: Offline
1st Jun 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did u use to fitt the side skirts? , unsure for my. car looks stunning by the way.
BenC1985

1st Jun 13 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
what did u use to fitt the side skirts? , unsure for my. car looks stunning by the way.

More than likely tigerseal and a few screws each end.
l88fty
Premium Member

1st Jun 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BenC1985
quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195

More than likely tigerseal and a few screws each end.

Yer it was a bit of an effort, the side skirts were badly dammaged and have quite an intensive rebuild. They were very delicately attached with bolts at either end and tigerseal all the way down. The car had to sit for 24 hours with the skirts taped in place until it set hard

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
chrisr195

1st Jun 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads , i'll go down that route
MatthewR

1st Jun 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks quality

great transformation and the bumper is very original, i didnt think id like it but i do. Looks almost factory and you double take it when u look lol
l88fty
Premium Member

2nd Jun 13 at 06:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
looks quality

great transformation and the bumper is very original, i didnt think id like it but i do. Looks almost factory and you double take it when u look lol

I think the front bumper & rear German lights are my favourite mods I've done

I've been hunting around the web and I think that bumper is a one off, most people smooth out the number plate recess and leave the fogs, were as I've done it the other way round lol.

karisma_corsa

9th Jun 13 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lofty who did the body/paintwork? Ucc?
BenC1985

10th Jun 13 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looked good at pvs mate. Had a quick look round and you caught me having another sneek peak on the way out. lol
l88fty
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Car looked good at pvs mate. Had a quick look round and you caught me having another sneek peak on the way out. lol

Yer I did fella, I wasnt sure if you had realised which one was me and I was busy packing away all the club gear. I had a look at yours to as I passed round the CS stand, very very tidy mate and polished to perfection

l88fty
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the lead up to PVS, the car was back in the workshop on Friday just to have a few little bits touched up and some flat marks polished out.

Last minute cleaning with a couple of the club members on Saturday ready for the show.

LN Customs stand at PVS 2013 Santa Pod

[Edited on 10-06-2013 by l88fty]

BenC1985

10th Jun 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
quote:

Yer I did fella, I wasnt sure if you had realised which one was me and I was busy packing away all the club gear. I had a look at yours to as I passed round the CS stand, very very tidy mate and polished to perfection

I just caught at the last minute your name on your shirt. Lol Thanks for the comment on my car. Not bad for 15 year old paintwork eh? Well apart from the bonnet and boot.
l88fty
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 17:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
quote:

I just caught at the last minute your name on your shirt. Lol Thanks for the comment on my car. Not bad for 15 year old paintwork eh? Well apart from the bonnet and boot.

This is why I want mine to have a full hit, just so all the paint looks so refreshed

BenC1985

10th Jun 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked ok to me. But if thats what would make you happy with it then do it. lol Yours looked very shiney though.
l88fty
Premium Member

10th Jun 13 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Looked ok to me. But if thats what would make you happy with it then do it. lol Yours looked very shiney though.

It's had different bits painted by different bodyshops and not all the work matchs mate, so it needs it. I'm looking at adding some sort of pearl the black as well just to give it something extra.

You know we were talking the other week about polishing/waxing, well I cheated for PVS as I didn't get time to do the wax, it only had a paint cleaner & polisher, so used that Speed Wax sealant product I was on about. It's amazing stuff and highly recommend you get some dude

BenC1985

11th Jun 13 at 06:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a link to somewhere i can buy it? My car had the full shabang on the saturday. Was knackered saturday evening.
reecegsi

11th Jun 13 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw you at pvs you was at the entrance waiting for your group I think car was gleaming
l88fty
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Got a link to somewhere i can buy it? My car had the full shabang on the saturday. Was knackered saturday evening.

It's a product Motosave sell made, it's normally around £11.
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?catid=18&iid=79&loc=show

quote:
Originally posted by reecegsi
Saw you at pvs you was at the entrance waiting for your group I think car was gleaming

Thanks mate, I think there's a few people I may have missed as was busy sorting the club out lol.

l88fty
Premium Member

11th Jun 13 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it's not the weekend, but today was MOT day and she had to come out the garage - still gleeming from PVS

She passed, with NO ADVISORIES for the 2nd year running and this was from a well known very strick garage. I am really please because it means I really am building a very good all over car

Next week she is going for a professional photoshoot with Stanced Imaging, in a secret location and cant wait Check out their work - https://www.facebook.com/pages/StancedImaging/102668419853142?fref=ts

l88fty
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good friend of mine owns Stanced Imaging Photography and when I was doing the rebuild this year I promised him the first pictures of the car.

This mornings early prep, out with the HD Wax

On location, an old RAF base in Lincolnshire, now used for storage and borrowed (with permission) for the afternoon

More to come soon...

Thanks

[Edited on 16-06-2013 by l88fty]

Toby
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures look good. Where were they taken?
Christopher

16th Jun 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look forward to seeing these!
l88fty
Premium Member

16th Jun 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Pictures look good. Where were they taken?

Toby I've been asked by the photographer not to give out the location, purely as it's private MOD land and he is lucky enough to have an important old man who can get him access onto it

ArdenblueDan

17th Jun 13 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pictures look like they are going to be great really do like this car mate its awesome
l88fty
Premium Member

17th Jun 13 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
Pictures look like they are going to be great really do like this car mate its awesome

Thanks fella, will get them up on here soon as there published

l88fty
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Part one of the shoot from Stanced Imaging

More to come soon

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :( 24 database queries in 0.2004340 seconds