corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :(
l88fty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 13 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I was looking forward to trying something different this year with the bonnet, as I'm going for the semi-smooth look with my new kit.

After asking around, I managed to find this BadBoy with GTE Vent off Reece. With a fresh respray this would of looked very tidy on the Corsa.

Unfortunately, a friend of mine sorted out some transport for the bonnet as it was located in Birmingham, this was how it turned up to me Through no fault of my mate, as he got one of his work colleagues to pick it up in the work van, who failed to secure it or wrap it in the back of the van.

Thankfully Karina has a bonnet in my colour and shes only just down the road from me, so I will hopefully at least had a standard bonnet back on it for this season when the kit goes on.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Haimsey
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, that sucks.
Bonnet looks like it would have looked smart.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Ben G

9th May 13 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
like the seats, never seen that before on here.

detailed the dash so you wiped it with a cloth?

Obviously not a true enthusiast I'm not a fan of colour coding or flocking on the dash, which a lot of people do, so I try and keep the dash in orginal OE condition. So its cleaned, died with a back to black product for plastics, then polished with a dash shine, even go as far as getting the ear bud cleaners out to get around the switches & vents

that's not detailing, that's just a thorough clean. i use ear buds and i wouldn't say i detail dashboards
gidged500
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great this makes me want to finish my b
l88fty
Premium Member

9th May 13 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Looks great this makes me want to finish my b

Thanks mate Mines far from finished, this is only a tidy up. Hopefully this year the external will be finished, then next year the internal & audio and hopefully an engine conversion

l88fty
Premium Member

14th May 13 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tuesday 14.05.13

After 2 nights down at the unit, the new body parts are finally coming along and we manage to get the first bits into primer tonight

It's been difficult at it seems every step forward, weve been taking 3 back. Every part I've bought has ended up needing 3 times the work it should has, as theres been errors in the previous work or damage that has gone un-noticed until now

New bonnet, after some stone & dent repair

The rear bumper, after having the towing eye cover fibreglassed/filler again

The boot seemed to be twisted, which the lads could only assumed had been caused by the welding. This is the start of it having a full skim again.

The side skirts were the worst supprise, as what we thought was just cracks in the paint turned out to be cracks in the orginal fibreglass - causing spider cracks, also both skirts have had a previous replair in the middle of them. They have both had to have a full layer of fibreglass matt to try and strengthen them so we can see if they are salvagable

The top skirt has the new layer of fibreglass matt setting in it, the bottom skirt has been sanded back ready for the matt and you can see the middle has had a previous fibreglass repair.

The engine cover, bumper, spolier & bonnet ready for primer

Hi build primer

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/globalpartyuk/Corsa%20B%20Sport/IMG_3356_zpsbe833f7a.jpg[/img

Hopefully over the next few days, the boot & GSI front bumper will be in primer and we will see if the skirts can be saved

Cheers

l88fty
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 01:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another late night at the unit and some good progress

The new rear smoothed bumper.

Engine Cover

New bonnet

A fond farewell to the old bonnet - which will be up for sale soon

[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/globalpartyuk/Corsa%20B%20Sport/IMG_3372_zps7bcf24e4.jpg[/]

A new centre cap stickers

The new drift charm

New GSi grill

BenC1985

16th May 13 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice but that car hanging down is no doubt going to make a mess of your new painted bumper. If the car does'nt the chain will. Other than that it looks good. And ive never really see a decent shot of the old bonnet, the art on its pretty cool,just not on a car.
reecegsi

16th May 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bonnet was mint aswell lol
flybikeslee

16th May 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite glad the silver bonnet got damaged, would have made the car look daft imo
l88fty
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The spoiler is off at the moment, as its going on the new boot

The new rear bumper

Butler

16th May 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're ruining what is essentially a great looking car with that stupid thing hanging from the bumper. Devalues the car a lot in my opinion.
l88fty
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
You're ruining what is essentially a great looking car with that stupid thing hanging from the bumper. Devalues the car a lot in my opinion.

Its called a "Drift Charm" its a popular thing seen around this area on lowered cars. It's more of a personal touch because it was bought for me by a friend who I share a somewhat childish but amazing obsession with Disney's Cars

Butler

16th May 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not just your area. Seems extremely prevalent in adolescents of a particular level of maturity. It's a shame given the level of work that's gone into the car I think but each to their own.
Vaux-Dan
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really sweet man shame about the BB vented bonnet though but i will have my eyes open for that graphitti bonnet
LukesCorsaSXi

16th May 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh my! That looks sweet! Sticker on the front bumper looks a mess though.
Christopher

16th May 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks awsome buddy! As luke said, not a fan of sticker on the front bumper :/ And is it just the photos or is the rear bumper not as shiny?
M Sutton

16th May 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks much better with a colour coded bonnet! The sticker on the front bumper isnt to my taste but the car does look tidy now
N7 THD

16th May 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome car! very tidy!
kylesri

16th May 13 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks awsome i dont think hes going to have that bumper much longer he has a smoothed gsi going on i think
ArdenblueDan

16th May 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks stunning the paint work looks immaculate cannot wait to see what it looks like with the other bits on are you leaving the cage chrome or going for a different colour
Haimsey
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very tidy.
Keep up the great work

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
l88fty
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone

Over the course of the next week all the new parts are going onto it, nothing has been "flat & polished" yet - that will be done at the end once everything is on(reason for the dullness).

The only issue I've got now is that the archs, which were painted last year by some shit back street garage who have now gone out of business, are the wrong colour to everything else - also one of my wings looks out of colour.

So after Modified Nationals and PVS, the car is going in for a full hit on the shell with some little touch ups and bits like the arial taken out etc. just to make it 100% paint match all over.

As for the cage colour, I'm looking at a different colour for the wheels and matching that to the cage - not sure what thou.

Quick shot of her parked outside my parents house this afternoon

Thanks again everyone for the feedback

ArdenblueDan

16th May 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have to have a nose at this at modified nationals
l88fty
Premium Member

16th May 13 at 23:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
Will have to have a nose at this at modified nationals

She will be there, hopefully with everything done - for once I'm hoping its just dry and not stupidly hot & sunny as the poor colour match will show up!!

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Sport x16xe - Will be selling up later this season :( 24 database queries in 0.1964581 seconds