corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jan 15 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New job means I'm stuck in Switzerland 3 days a week so not much progress has happened.

Bought all my FIA stuff at Autosport at the weekend so just waiting for that to be delivered.

Need to fit the turbo again and test for leaks, drop oil. finish painting the inside's and get my new camera kit installed.

There was a decent discount at the autosport show so getting one ordered as i am fed up of using the go-pro starting it and stopping it. This one starts recording as soon as you switch it on from a switch.

http://www.goldstaronboard.com/brand/goldstar/goldstar-2-camera-hd-gps-dvr-motor-sport-kit.html
Toby
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good. Can't wait to see this on track this year. Who is doing the mapping Dan?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
Looking good. Can't wait to see this on track this year. Who is doing the mapping Dan?

RST will map it they done the past 3 maps on it!
Toby
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to get mine booked in for a new map. Just in process of arranging a clutch, SMF and new belts with Mark Black and then into RST for the map.

Just needs the needbushes fitting and corner weighting and it should be ready for this year.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Jan 15 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just purchased front polycarbonate windows!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Jan 15 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some bits have been delivered.

Toby
Premium Member

24th Jan 15 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like some good kit. Will consider something similar I think at somepoint.

Outlon park on 31st March? There's about 7 of us booked so far Inc Dave (with red Meg on slicks)
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Feb 15 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally the calipers are done!

Brett
Premium Member

3rd Feb 15 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are those the missing ones? Look good anyway.

[Edited on 03-02-2015 by Brett]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Feb 15 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Are those the missing ones? Look good anyway.

[Edited on 03-02-2015 by Brett]

Yup had a call from the business owner last night and its all sorted. Amazing what happens when you start threads about people
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Feb 15 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully when i get home Thursday night i should have the following waiting for me!

• Cartek Battery isolator
  • Front Polycarb Windows

• Wiring for my switches (Rain Light, Shift Light, Gauges etc)
  • Calipers!
  • Plumbed in fire extingisher

Then i can start adding some miles and get it mapped!!

[Edited on 03-02-2015 by VrsTurbo]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Feb 15 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some new wheels!

Wrighty

13th Feb 15 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sick
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All paid up for Time Attack 2015!!

AK

13th Feb 15 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice

Maybe see you at some rounds
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Feb 15 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tidied up the wiring from the battery and got the cartek installed.

Also fitted my fire extinguisher just need to get the nozzles fitted.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Feb 15 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitted my calipers at last!!

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

18th Feb 15 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a custom switch panel coming in the next few days

AK

18th Feb 15 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cartek isolator..... should be called Cartek battery killer.

Not a fan after all the batteries and trouble I've had with them over a couple of years. I ripped mine out and fitted a good old FIA Cut Off toggle switch with remote pull. Isolation that isolates the battery, unlike the cartek which drains it.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Feb 15 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea they have a constant feed to the battery the Megane is always plugged into the charger anyway so it shouldn't be that much of an issue.
AK

19th Feb 15 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was too, but when it went to get work done they would always forget.... then try and boost charge the tiny dry cell battery and bugger it all up.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered the rest of my fuelling system today. I will be running a 2l swirl pot with a 044 pump feeding the rail.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Feb 15 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Custom switch panel!

Robin
Premium Member

27th Feb 15 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have you got a switch for the shift light?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Feb 15 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Why have you got a switch for the shift light?

Because I won't want the shift light on all the time.

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015! 23 database queries in 0.1050241 seconds