corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015!
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Feb 15 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome. Love the wheels, very similar to ones my brother has on his.

When's your first round for TA?

You at Cadwell on the 14th?

[Edited on 28-02-2015 by Toby]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Feb 15 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm at Cadwell on the 24th first round on the 25th.

Still need my trailer licence before I can take it rstuning to be mapped.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Custom switch plate installed

And most my stuff for the swirl pot has come.

Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice, swirlpot next for me I think. Is that a Bosch 044? Need to know how noisy they are

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Welsh Dan

1st Mar 15 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an 044 on my RX7. Was marginally louder, but not enough to be an issue, certainly not with a massive exhaust
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

1st Mar 15 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had a 044 on a previous car that was stripped. It's noisy but in a full car you wouldn't notice.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Mar 15 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Due to msa regulations you need a firewall between anything that contains fuel. So I was going to box in the swirl pot but today I built a frame so it sits under the boot. I'm pretty happy with it just waiting for my final AN fittings.

Hopefully be going in to have some cage work and rear diffuser done in the next week or so. Then off to rs tuning for its mapping!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

7th Mar 15 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finished the swirl pot setup today! No leaks so I'm happy!

The Sytec regulator in the engine bay

Ignore the labels on the tank as they were wrong. I've also added a one way valve to the return to keep the pressure in the pot.

gazza808

8th Mar 15 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope your adding more bracing to that bracket around the top?

pressure in the pot?
there wont ever be a massive amount of pressure in the swirl pot, little to none tbh as your venting/returning back to the fuel tank,

[Edited on 08-03-2015 by gazza808]
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can stand on it and it takes my weight. Top bar is 4mm steel the rest is 2mm and its bolted to the chassis.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this is getting CNC'd shortly.

gazza808

8th Mar 15 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking more about vibration and fatigue tbh, as it will flex,
I made a coil pack bracket from 3mm steel once it eventually died, no problem for a coil pack but if It was a swirl pot disaster.

Not slating would just hate too see anything go wrong after so much effort.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
I was thinking more about vibration and fatigue tbh, as it will flex,
I made a coil pack bracket from 3mm steel once it eventually died, no problem for a coil pack but if It was a swirl pot disaster.

Not slating would just hate too see anything go wrong after so much effort.

True, I'll have a look into it when it goes in for the boot floor and diffuser and see if some bracing can be added.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's your swirlpot mounted? Sorry for being a dunce - can't work it out from the picture!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Where's your swirlpot mounted? Sorry for being a dunce - can't work it out from the picture!

Ive removed the spare wheel well. This one has everything in the wheel well but its quite heavy.

Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah very nice.

Since I dumped AirCon I've just about got enough room for one on the strut tower under the bonney - but a wheel well setup is a close second if I couldn't make it work.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ah very nice.

Since I dumped AirCon I've just about got enough room for one on the strut tower under the bonney - but a wheel well setup is a close second if I couldn't make it work.

The only issue with it being in the bay is heating up the fuel.

I presume the scooby has a built in FPR in the rail?

[Edited on 08-03-2015 by VrsTurbo]
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah built in (non adjustable) FPR on the return, but I've got an adjustable one in.

What's the downside to hot petrol out of interest? It's a few feet of hose away from being blown the fuck up anyway

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah built in (non adjustable) FPR on the return, but I've got an adjustable one in.

What's the downside to hot petrol out of interest? It's a few feet of hose away from being blown the fuck up anyway

Hot petrol isn't as good as cool petrol from what I've read. plus 1.5/2l of fuel in the bay wouldn't fill me with confidence.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th Mar 15 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AC delete kit ordered from Renault.

and a nice little 45mm gauge for fuel pressure.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

15th Mar 15 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trailer collected

Graham88

16th Mar 15 at 04:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice. Presume you are going to modify the trailer? Looks more like one you'd pick up soil in atm lol
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

16th Mar 15 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Nice. Presume you are going to modify the trailer? Looks more like one you'd pick up soil in atm lol

It's a plant trailer. All the sides are removable as a freebie I can't complain. Needs a new hitch but it's a good size.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

17th Mar 15 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the car is going into RST for a map tweak on the 30th then the 31st off for a colour change.

Need to get 50miles on the engine to bed the rings in then its getting nailed on the dyno...... nervous a touch!

Colour is a secret but it will look completely different, once the colour is on and the TA stickers are on it!!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Mar 15 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT DRIVES!!

<<  28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Caged R26 Megane - Time Attack 2015! 24 database queries in 0.1748590 seconds