corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JOM coilovers ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author JOM coilovers ?
LeeM

User status: Offline
5th Jun 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM

Why don't you want to run shorter springs on standard shocks? If you mention ride quality then stop looking at cheap shite coilovers

Because I have shocks with 77,000 miles on them, don't really want to be editing their travel range now, from what I read about it, fitting shortened springs on standard suspension can cause it's own problems.

I don't think the ride quality would be any good on shorter springs with standard shocks, handling maybe but not the ride quality.

Ride quality will be miles better on decent lowering springs and standard shocks (even on 77k) than cheap coilovers. Cheap coilovers exist purely for the scene crew who want to go as low as possible without spending much.
taylorboosh

5th Jun 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only if he only wants like -30mm
Josh Ack
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of people have these on Mk4 Golfs, me included and they aint all that bad tbh!
LeeM

6th Jun 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Ack
Loads of people have these on Mk4 Golfs, me included and they aint all that bad tbh!

A friend of mine is included, as soon as he put the coilovers on his attitude towards the car changed and he started hating it. Eventually traded it in for a 106 Gti.
He used to drive when we were in college and the ride quality was bordering on painful.
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you just want to lower it a bit then why not decide how much and buy a decent fixed rate kit? If you're not going to keep adjusting the height then there's not much point getting coilovers.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Sunz

6th Jun 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
If you just want to lower it a bit then why not decide how much and buy a decent fixed rate kit? If you're not going to keep adjusting the height then there's not much point getting coilovers.

That would be nice but I'm not really finding a lot of options for my car, guess it's not that popular.

Is loads of the MK1 Megane that's around the £250-£300 mark, as soon as it's MK2 Megane it's like £500 +

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » JOM coilovers ? 23 database queries in 0.0108552 seconds