corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ECU problems!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU problems!
Plymouth_Corsa

User status: Offline
   27th Apr 03 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My X-Reg Corsa b is experiencing some problems at the moment.

The car seems to run fine but recently its getting bad...

When the revs go to where they should idle, at 1k they then drop to as low as 0.5k rpm....and the engine seems to almost stall, the little orange light on the dash then comes on, and you have to then wait a short while for it to go out, if you leave it idling, the light does not go out....

its a 1.0 12v 3 cylinder engine, and its done 37k.

I know the ecu performs diagnostic tests on the engine etc, but surely not every time it idles, and even sometimes over 1k revs...it just looses power.

Im thinking ECU fault, could it be anything else? Ive got a new engine soon to be transplanted possibly, but want to sort this out regardless. Thanks.

Richie

27th Apr 03 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol once again one of the symptoms i had before my 1.0 litre expired at around 39k!

check the idle valve.

Also check for oil in ur exhaust cos that can indicate the thing that feked up on my 1.0ltr at first.
Plymouth_Corsa

28th Apr 03 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, i shall have it checked today, thanks for the advice. Did the car (when the light came on) splutter and idle funny? It is okay when you floor it after and the revs pick up, but still sometimes does it when your driving along normally, and its happening more and more now, where as before it was every few days, to a week, and now its every day, and every time im sat at lights or moving in traffic, the whole car shudders and shakes...as if to stall, cant be good thats all i know.

Oh well, a good excuse to put in the SRi lump then i think. But id like to sort this out either way, so any more ideas, or comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Richie

28th Apr 03 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup mine was doing exactly that. it will get worse i assure you. Dont take it 2 vauxhall cos they dont av a clue what to do! We took it to them and they just replaced a part which sorted all the problems for about 3 days!

You'll find soon that when going up hills or on a motorway that your speed will drastically slow down then your car will stall!

New Poll