corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by oh look, newbies in match day

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Thread - Sponsored by oh look, newbies in match day
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
26th Apr 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im loving the quality journalism here. Lets write basically what he was quoted as saying...and then write the quote out anyway

1418: FOOTBALL

Manager Graham Westley has criticised his Preston North End squad, claiming they have "not got a clue what it takes to get success". He told BBC Radio Lancashire: "This playing squad hasn't got a clue what it takes to get success."
Nath

26th Apr 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Westley is such a cunt.
Marc

26th Apr 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Bayern supporter now.
Jamie Walby

26th Apr 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
I kind of think the yellow card suspensions should be dropped for a final where as reds should be upheld.

I dont see why rules should be different from one game to the next in the same competition. To me thats taking away the integrity of it all. Its part of the game, if you got booked in the quarters then you just have to be careful in the semis.

I just dont see how in the group stages one team can be at a dis-advantage because you have a player missing through suspension but for the final this doesnt apply?

Is it going to start happening in the league where you cant miss the last game of the season if its a title/relegation decider?

You can get such silly petty yellow cards though. Look at RVP last year against Barca, if that yellow had been a yellow which meant he had missed a final it would have been ridiculous.
JonnyJ

26th Apr 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the refs fault though, part of the game unfortunately. Wrong penalties/offsides/line decisions cost whole teams finals.
Jamie Walby

26th Apr 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if a ref makes a mistake when giving a yellow card which could mean a player misses the biggest game of his club career, then in my mind, the rule is wrong.

They should wipe them out after each round maybe? I don't know. Its a tough one.

[Edited on 26-04-2012 by Jamie Walby]
mwg

26th Apr 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Jonny here. They know the punishment if they overstep the line.

If a mistake is made on issuing a card that cost a player an appearance in the final you'd like to think it could be overturned. Although after what happened with Darren Fletcher there isn't much hope of that.
Cavey

26th Apr 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said in my earlier post.

They know the punishment for this year, and they should accept that, Terry should get fucked, If I was a Chelsea player I wouldn't want him accepting it, as he nearly, and probably should of, cost his team a place in the final.

But next season and onwards they should be sorting the rules and having an amnesty, or at least a review of bookings that could rule players out of the final.

It's supposed to be the biggest prize in club football, (and therefore according to 90% of the people in here, football in general, bigger than the world cup) So the top players should be involved. Especially if they got a silly booking 9 months ago, and then a booking in the semi and that's what costs them
Jamie Walby

26th Apr 12 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

If a mistake is made on issuing a card that cost a player an appearance in the final you'd like to think it could be overturned. Although after what happened with Darren Fletcher there isn't much hope of that.

Jonny could call you a cunt (which he does on a regular basis behind your back, by the way) and you would still side with him
Rick Draper

26th Apr 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do you draw the line though. If you have a amnesty in the CL final then it has to be the same in the Europa final, the same in the FA cup final. Before you know it its filtered down to the Carling cup final and then every league match!

Balls to that. A card is a card and shit happens.
JonnyJ

27th Apr 12 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Jonny could call you a cunt (which he does on a regular basis behind your back, by the way) and you would still side with him

Walby you shit stirring cunt

Ssshhhh
mwg

27th Apr 12 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He calls me a cunt to my face
Jamie Walby

27th Apr 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So its agreed MWG is a cunt

<<  19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by oh look, newbies in match day 23 database queries in 0.0180380 seconds