corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » well, thats us out! (little update)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author well, thats us out! (little update)
Blade_sri

User status: Offline
19th Apr 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been living at the house we are at for just over 3 years, landlord is now going to sell. We moved in and the house needed every room doing with carpets also. Did all this over the years and now she wants to sell!

Thought we could afford to buy it but how wrong we were, our wage is won't go that far. Wifes mother had always said she would lend us a 10% deposit but now can't do it!

So we have to start looking again for another house to rent which pissed me off as there could sell...

Anyway just wanted to rant... I'm opening a savings account to put money into it.

[Edited on 18-05-2012 by Blade_sri]
RichR
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is she selling it as a going concern? ie, is she selling it as an already let property to a new landlord
whitter45

19th Apr 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the irony of renting I'm afriad

Spend all your money making it nice for someone else to benefit

Can you not try and save short term to buy - even if it means living with parents very short term

Otherwise you could end up in the same position on the next property you rent

[Edited on 19-04-2012 by whitter45]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 11:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always Request to the selling agent to put details of the current rent in the property details. May get lucky and an investor pick it up.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

19th Apr 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is why i would never rent. couldn't handle pouring money into a house that isn't mine.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 17:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
this is why i would never rent. couldn't handle pouring money into a house that isn't mine.

Well generally you wouldn't, maybe the odd bit here and there but it's up to the landlord to maintain the property to whatever standard it was when the tenant moved in.

Can't understand why you would carpet all the way through unless your at fault.
Aaron

19th Apr 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Generalisation at its best here ladies and gents.
Aaron

19th Apr 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and take all the carpets up before you leave
Ben G

19th Apr 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:

Generalisation at its best here ladies and gents.

it's not generalisation though is it? the guy spent loads doing a house up that isn't his. might aswell stay in a hotel.
Toby
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think his point is that most tenants don't spend a lot of money on houses that don't belong to them so to a log of people its not a massive difference.

I can understand to an extent, the amount I've paid of my mortgage in 3 years (due to being a FTB at a difficult point in the recession) and the upkeep on the property in comparison to renting, deposit money in the bank gaining interest and no.commitment to the property would not have seen much difference for me. Now I'm negotiating a new deal its massively different but still understandable
Matty SRi

19th Apr 12 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just try and put potential buyers off
Nismo

20th Apr 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make a fake telephone mast in the garden, then put a fish tank in the lounge and fill it with dead fish or make some fake fish with 3 eyes and 5 fins then say they were fine till this mast went up
Fad

20th Apr 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You work out how much you can save whilst renting over a long period then putting a huge capital payment down on a house compare to the % you would have paid off your property in that time frame it might just suprise you.

Too many people getting hell bent and signing up to 30+ year mortgages so they can say they "own" their own property.
Blade_sri

20th Apr 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to put carpets down as what wad in the house was floor boards, I did get half the money back!

It's hard trying to save up while paying bills, cost of living and kids!! All the stress of it is getting us down!

noshua

20th Apr 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Just try and put potential buyers off

My mate's mum used to fill pots/pants with water and leave them in random rooms like the conservatory, when they came to view she would say it was leaking
Graham88

21st Apr 12 at 03:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

You work out how much you can save whilst renting over a long period then putting a huge capital payment down on a house compare to the % you would have paid off your property in that time frame it might just suprise you.

Too many people getting hell bent and signing up to 30+ year mortgages so they can say they "own" their own property.

This is something that keeps crossing my mind.

You pay an amount per month, but that's it, anything breaks the landlord pays for it etc so there's no hidden costs that you would have if you own it.

Although technically you don't own it for the mortgage term. Just when you get situations like this that it's shitty.
Ben G

21st Apr 12 at 04:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just like pcp on a car I suppose, just on a bigger scale.

I enjoy diy and decorating my home. To have to ask someones permission first is not my thing.

I can see why people do rent, its just my personal opinion and I woupdnt.
Carl

21st Apr 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I enjoy diy and decorating my home. To have to ask someones permission first is not my thing.

I agree with your personal opinion Ben but for a lot of people buying/renting decision isn't a choice they can make. There was a programme on a bit back where they worked out how much it costs to rent over buying and took house prices etc into consideration and everything and one of the periods investing and renting was move profitable than buying which I never expected. I'd still personally opt for buying if I had to make that decision though.
Graham88

21st Apr 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'm in a dilemma of which to do. The only factor is the 30k odd for a deposit & fees etc

Don't really want to sell my car but the car is a big whack of deposit but all the time I have my car I can't move out, which is where with renting I could be in next week
Ian W

21st Apr 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've rented for three years and never had to spend a penny on the place!

Pay my set rent per month and its all looked after, cooker broke, got fixed, boiler has a yearly maintenance schedule, place gets looked after well by the owners.

Renting ftw
John

21st Apr 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you are planning to rent forever, by the time you decide to buy you've paid your deposit off of someone elses mortgage.
Graham88

21st Apr 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You say it like you've thrown money away though, but you've been living in your own place for however long hassle free. Hassle free is a price worth paying for some people
noshua

21st Apr 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Renting seems a good idea until you realise you can't do it forever.
John

21st Apr 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not hassle free either.

Unless I don't pay my mortgage there's no chance of me being told tomorrow I've got a month to move out.
Aaron

21st Apr 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You make it sound like when the landlord tells the tenant to leave, that they have to be out the following day

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll