corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » shouldve listened to cs... nokia lumia

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author shouldve listened to cs... nokia lumia
adiohead

User status: Offline
5th Apr 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
install android on it

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

taylorboosh

5th Apr 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You lot do realise this thread isn't about android vs apple? Ffs I had a HTC desire which was even worse.. Thousands of apps but most are shit and don't work... Android is a no no
ed

5th Apr 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

24 month contract? Do phones even last that long these days?

Your only option is to sell up and buy something you like. If you're worried about buying an iPhone and have it break on you, the one insurance policy you've got is Apple will replace it for free while it's under warrenty/Apple Care or it's £119 afterwards.

[Edited on 05-04-2012 by ed]
AlunJ

5th Apr 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I switched phone about 4 times during my last contract
My sensation xl has crashed about 5 times today and I've barely used it. Piece of shit
LeeM

5th Apr 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
I switched phone about 4 times during my last contract
My sensation xl has crashed about 5 times today and I've barely used it. Piece of shit

steves hasnt ever crashed, you must be lying
AlunJ

5th Apr 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be
RichR
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 08:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 months with my 4s and it's not been turned off once or crashed at all. Missus has a 3GS which is due for upgrade, probably 24months old and only just started having any kind of issue, never crashed though, it's just the home button has intermittently stopped working but she did have a pen leak in her pocket which in turn leaked into the charging socket so it's hardl surprising that things have started to fail.

At the end of the day, I chose the 4s as the support is there for the life of the phone. My Samsung was out of date by the time I got it out of the box, I'm not sure I could guarantee the level of support I require with any other manufacturer
Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't recall mine crashing tbh but I don't install a load of shit on it. 2 year warranty as standard on my HTC
John

7th Apr 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Support there for life of the phone?

Wut?
Dom

7th Apr 12 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Support there for life of the phone?

Wut?

Maybe he means the life of the contract?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe iPhones only last the length of a contract
Nath

7th Apr 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol
John

7th Apr 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant that I wasn't aware apple gave any sort of support for longer than any other manufacturer, in a lot of cases now their 1 year warranty is actually much less.

He can't mean unofficial either surely, he can't have seen the massive android community?

Or maybe he means OS updates, oh wait, apple will stop support for them as well (as I'd expect).
RichR
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, should probably add some extra for clarity, the life of the phone for me is the length of my contract, I'm not bothered what happens to the phone once I'm out of contract, if it dies then I couldn't care less. By support, I'm not referring to the warranty period but more the availability of accessories; docking stations, charging cables, software updates, covers etc etc. I went through 6/7 samsungs over the contracts running up to this one and with all of them, especially the Tocco Ultra, I ended up not being able to get anything for them after only a matter of months and software updates/bug fixes stopped after a ridiculously short amount of time. Everyone had a different charging socket which meant anything I bought for one wasn't supported by the next one. That's why attracted me to the 4s; everything we've got is interchangeable between the missus' 3GS and mine, event though we're 2 years apart in terms of tech and handset-that was a real downside to the 6/7 samsungs I had and I was a real Samsung fan boy. Of course there are thugs I'd like to change about the 4s and it's by no means perfect but it'll see me through these 18months and then I'll have another one without a doubt.

Things I'd hangs would include the addition of a removable/micro SD facility; removal of the camera roll so pictures can be separated into relevant albums without all being repeated in one place but I'm not bothered about some of the points that others have raised as negatives
John

7th Apr 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get much more interchangeable than everything having a micro USB port. Apples stupid connector is a pain because even though most people have something apple, there's not always an apple cable lying about. Everyone has micro USB.

You've had bad phone choices if nothing's fitted. Any of the popular phones have used micro USB for years now.
RichR
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Possibly, it was more that every time I upgraded from one Samsung to another, it wasn't compatible with anything I'd bought for the previous incarnation. Do the GSII or HTC's have compatible docking stations without needing a separate cable? Genuine question by the way, not trolling or arguing, I don't actually know if you can buy that kind of thing for the above phones
LeeM

7th Apr 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Possibly, it was more that every time I upgraded from one Samsung to another, it wasn't compatible with anything I'd bought for the previous incarnation. Do the GSII or HTC's have compatible docking stations without needing a separate cable? Genuine question by the way, not trolling or arguing, I don't actually know if you can buy that kind of thing for the above phones

i dont think they even have ports in the same place, some on the side etc so you cant get docking stations
John

7th Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't really get specific docking stations for anything else because they'll either use a normal headphone port or show up as normal removable storage via USB. The only requirement for a dock is because apple wanted it.
ed

7th Apr 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't hardware encrypt your serial communications and charge a fortune for the decryption hardware with a micro USB though
LeeM

7th Apr 12 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

charge and play while using a remote, all by just dropping it in the dock. much better imo
Dom

7th Apr 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
You can't hardware encrypt your serial communications and charge a fortune for the decryption hardware with a micro USB though

Is the serial connection on the dock connector encrypted?
I remember peeing around with an iPod years ago and i could get serial data out of it. Hardest part was getting the resistance correct between pins (how it determined the accessory) to put it into the correct mode.
ed

7th Apr 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, apparently so. A guy in my office is developing hardware for iDevices and has had to buy a special dev cable to hack about with which decrypts the serial coms. Apparently this is the reason why you're seeing peripheral devices on the market which plug into the headphone jack instead of the dock!
sc0ott

8th Apr 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youve just got to laugh at these 'how to get out of a contract early' threads. The amount of tards out there who think there is a way is just unreal.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll