corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Muamba

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Muamba
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Mar 12 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they can keep a human body alive for as long as they want without a heart beat as long as they are wired up to life support etc, as said the crucial point is how long it takes to get medical treatment in the first place, in this case it was minutes, so im guessing in that respect he should be ok fingers crossed
Russ

18th Mar 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Not sure how it works but just because they have given him oxygen doesn't mean that the oxygen was getting to his brain. The heart needs to be pumping the blood round.
isnt that what cpr does?
DC90

18th Mar 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Not sure how it works but just because they have given him oxygen doesn't mean that the oxygen was getting to his brain. The heart needs to be pumping the blood round.
isnt that what cpr does?

That's what I thought.

Nice to hear his name chanted at some games today. Football community gets such a bad press so it's nice to see everyone pull together for this boy. Most people, myself included, assumed he'd be DOA. He's still fighting through, proving us wrong, so lets hope that all of the assumptions of brain damage turn out to be wrong!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a slightly more light hearted note, did anyone see the applause for support at the wolves game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17421726

lovely to see, but anyone think it went on, awkwardly a little to long well past the minute almost as though noone wanted to be the first to stop lol

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Steve]
Kippers

18th Mar 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No videos of it?
Steve
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vid on that link i posted isnt there?

vid only shows a min of it though lol
C2RL R

18th Mar 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
isnt that what cpr does?

Yeah but he had a heart attack which means he would have had a blockage in at least one artery and therefore you can't be sure that enough oxygen is gettin to the brain. Like I said I don't know how it works but this is what we were told.
Ben J

18th Mar 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice touch by RM for Muamba and Abidal
Neil

18th Mar 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
isnt that what cpr does?

Yeah but he had a heart attack which means he would have had a blockage in at least one artery and therefore you can't be sure that enough oxygen is gettin to the brain. Like I said I don't know how it works but this is what we were told.

It wasn't a heart attack, it was cardiac arrest...
C2RL R

18th Mar 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a cardiac arrest caused by a heart attack
Kerry

18th Mar 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't have to be a blockage could just be a heart muscle spasm...
C2RL R

18th Mar 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's too early to know anything anyway. I've read conflicting stories on a few different sites.
Hammer

18th Mar 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

23 year old athletes don't have heart attacks apparently, they happen due to a blocked artery. He'll have had a malformed valve or something which has just never been picked up on. According to the cardioligist on the BBC news anyway.
Dann19

18th Mar 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no matter what, aslong as he pulls through thats the main thing, even if he never plays another football match!
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Fabrice Muamba's heart condition is stable, but he remains critically ill in intensive care at the London Chest Hospital," read the latest joint statement from the hospital and Bolton.

Kerry

19th Mar 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet hes suffered consequences of heart stopping for such a long time. Reading conflicting suggestions that it wasn't restarted for up to 2 hours which i find hard to believe
Hammer

19th Mar 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazing what they can do nowadays. Evander Sno had a heart attack and it took 15 minutes to revive him on the park and he was back playing football within 2 months with an internal defibrillator fitted. Mental stuff.

Muamba's sounds far worse right enough, it sounds to me as if they are letting everyone down gently. If he manages to survive I doubt he'll be anything other than severely disabled.
C2RL R

19th Mar 12 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KD said that they are hoping for another update later with more info. can they test his brain function whilst he is sedated?
Kerry

19th Mar 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all electrical activity isn't it? so probably. no doubt they can tell whats normal and what isn't
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/309080/Doctor-fan-s-bid-to-save-Fabrice-Muamba
C2RL R

19th Mar 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
its all electrical activity isn't it? so probably. no doubt they can tell whats normal and what isn't

they probably already know then. we will find out soon enough. poor guy.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 13:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will never know for sure about how much brain damage, they access it when the patient starts to wake up normally
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and reason i know all this shit is because my nan was in a coma then got sedated for 2 weeks in intensive care lol

[Edited on 19-03-2012 by Steve]
mwg

19th Mar 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mega lolz
Steve
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Muamba 23 database queries in 0.1983500 seconds