corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sidelight power tapping point

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sidelight power tapping point
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Mar 12 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just after some advice really for the best place to tap into a power source that comes on with the sidelight switch, ideally as close to the head unit bay as possible. Need it for the LED in my pressure gauge so nothing major. Cheers peeps

edited for being thick

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Paul W]

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Dan295

2nd Mar 12 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cigarette lighter has a switched live i would use that im not sure how you would get it to come up with the led's unless you use the switched live from one of the bulbs that lights up the dash
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 12 at 00:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want it on the dash illumination? There's one in the radio loom, dims the display.
Dan295

2nd Mar 12 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it wont work with that though will it? an led and a bulb have different resisance so wont work in parallel circuit
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Mar 12 at 00:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see why not, they'll just draw the current that they need.
Paul W
Premium Member

2nd Mar 12 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ideally yeah i'd like it to come on with the dash illumination. I did try with the cig lighter but it seemed as though that was ignition?

Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 16:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i'm thinking i'll just run it up to the sidelight switch and tap it in there instead. Apparently the sidelight wire is grey with green tracer? There's about 3 there, any idea which one it is? I really should invest in a multimeter

Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a try with the wiring and it looks like all 3 are sidelight power so i'm just gonna tap into one of those. Should be reet lol.

New Poll