corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust Pressure

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust Pressure
dan_almond

User status: Offline
14th Mar 06 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently put a piper ss backbox on my 1.0 ltr just to make it sound a bit deeper. When the car has been runing say 20 mins, the whole exhaust expands slightly (fair enough) and the two hooks on the top of the back box push against part of the rear bumber.

Heres the problem, when on idle or low revs, the exhaust will rattle a shake only slightly to create a tapping noise on the rear bumper, sometimes quite lout. When i rev the car the noise goes away, they will return when the revs die down.

I think it must be something to do with the internal pressure as the whole exhaust system moves about this slightly. Any idea how i can prevent this?

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

[Edited on 14-03-2006 by dan_almond]
SabasSRi

14th Mar 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if this will help but,I had a standard exhaust fited by kwik fit and had that problem,when I got a performance exhaust fitted by a mate he said they'd put the wrong size connector pipe bit in or something,causing it to knock/rub.It doesn't do it any more though.you used all the correct parts?
ajscorsa

14th Mar 06 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is both your cars lowered??

muck about with the U clamps i.e. turn them round so they ar further away from the axel
abdus

14th Mar 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sabas22
I don't know if this will help but,I had a standard exhaust fited by kwik fit and had that problem,when I got a performance exhaust fitted by a mate he said they'd put the wrong size connector pipe bit in or something,causing it to knock/rub.It doesn't do it any more though.you used all the correct parts?

same here, with standard backbox, it always rattled...I had to put a piece or rubber to stop it (it did..LOL)...Now a new scorpion backbox..just the exhaust noise...great

maybe not the exact size....or try the rubber thing.
dan_almond

14th Mar 06 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the car is not lowered yet. i have temperarily put a small bit of rubber to prevent it tapping against the bumper.

is there anything i can do to solve it, as i say when i rev it the tapping stops and when the revs die down, the tapping will start. When i say tapping, the exhaust moves up and down.

Is it worth taking it to the guarage that fitted it to have a look?

Cheers
ajscorsa

14th Mar 06 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would take it back yeah, u didnt pay them to fit an exhaust for it to rattle about
dan_almond

14th Mar 06 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate

New Poll