corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » How to get my game out my ps3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to get my game out my ps3
DanCobb

User status: Offline
27th Feb 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So my ps3 recently suffered from ylod. So rather then pay playstation 110 I bought one off a mate for 70 quid. Question is how do I get my fucking game out my old one? and is there anyway to get my saved data off my old one too?
AdamF
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no way to get save data back unless you know someone who is good with data recovery as the hard drive is locked to ps3 and wont be recognised by a pc

as for game turn the ps3 of by the switch on the back, now hold power button or eject (cant remember which) down and turn the switch back on. the ps3 fan should run flat out and eject your disc
DanCobb

28th Feb 12 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't work
Cavey

28th Feb 12 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To sort your game saves, its supposed to be really easy to change hard drives, so just swap it from your old one to the new
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to hold the eject button untill the fan starts
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
To sort your game saves, its supposed to be really easy to change hard drives, so just swap it from your old one to the new

that wont work unfortunately as its locked to the old one, if you put it in the new one it will ask you to format it
Munchie

28th Feb 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

open it up and get the disc out

simples
Eddx14xe

28th Feb 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdamF
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

that wont work unfortunately as its locked to the old one, if you put it in the new one it will ask you to format it

What about if you take the hard drive out, put it in one of those external hard drive cases, then copy the files onto the computer? Then just use a USB pen drive or similar to copy them onto the new hard drive once its in the PS3?
AdamF
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pc won't recognise the hard drive
Chris
Premium Member

28th Feb 12 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plug ur drive into the new box, press eject.
Ad Blue B

28th Feb 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get disc out turn off at back, hold both eject an power, keep hold whilst you turn it on and the fan should kick in an your disc should come out
andy1868

28th Feb 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did this just after christmas, none of the sequences worked to eject the disc so ended up taking the playstation apart, even the blu ray player. like shite i was leaving battlefield in there!
jamesw

29th Feb 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same thing happened to me just after Christmas. Kept trying and eventually got it to turn on for about 10secs and managed to get the disc out. Bought new ps3 but really wanted game saves back, followed YouTube vid to bake the board in the oven and managed to get game saves back and is still working toay but only use it as a bluray player in the bedroom.

New Poll