corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 service

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.0 service
Mertin

User status: Offline
27th Feb 12 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaned12345
Well be careful and just lift it on one side then, can still get far enough under to get to sump.

Double jack it just incase, can never be too careful.

Iv a habit of putting the wheel under the sill when working on a car, keeps it out the way and if the worst was to happen it will maybe land on the wheel and support it to some extent rather than all the way to the floor
Maybe it would do nothing but hopefully never find out
shaned12345

27th Feb 12 at 00:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
quote:
Originally posted by shaned12345
Well be careful and just lift it on one side then, can still get far enough under to get to sump.

Double jack it just incase, can never be too careful.

Iv a habit of putting the wheel under the sill when working on a car, keeps it out the way and if the worst was to happen it will maybe land on the wheel and support it to some extent rather than all the way to the floor
Maybe it would do nothing but hopefully never find out

Yep thats also a good point
AlunJ

27th Feb 12 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I stack 2 wheels under it handy having a stack of wheels in the garage though. Servicing a 1.0 is piss easy, just ensure you have a fuck off adjustable spanner for the oil filter housing.
BeetleGav

27th Feb 12 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks people, i useto use a stack of wheels when working on the beetle. i useto have axle stands but i dont have a clue where they have gone :s
hope my adjustable spanner is adequate now lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1.0 service 22 database queries in 0.0125439 seconds