corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news!
jrdn7

User status: Offline
24th Feb 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, decided to get my arse in gear and start this thread. It's only being done in my spare time due to school and part-time job, which is paying for the project.

Got the car as a 1.2 8V for very little, because of it having the usual faded red paintwork and no brakes. I've got no photos of this so bear with me. Brakes were fixed and a few other things, such as the cooling system and the battery drain.

Then I got some second-hand Astra Sport alloys and sprayed them white (Transit white to be precise ) and resprayed the car Vauxhall flame red. De-badged the grill (DIY job) and fitted a custom exhaust, which was and still is LOUD! This was all done in Febuary 2011

Plans were to fit a C20XE, short ratio diff, lower it, strip it out, cage it and bucket seats. Make it a fast enough car. All this came to a bloody abrupt halt when my Granda (who had helped me and did a lot of work, including the spraying) suddenly died. Came as a shock to us all, but mostly to me. Car stood still for about 4 months, didn't have the heart to drive it. Decided one day to get it going cause Granda would have been going beserk with it sitting still! Pushed it into the garage to get it going and spent a day at it.

Got it going and soon after the head went, so had to get a new engine. Spent a while looking for one, and found one, a nice one. And this is where the second chapter of the story starts.

I got a lift over to England with my Dad and his van to pick up my engine and decided to get a lowering kit too. I left home with the plan in mind to buy an engine and lowering kit. I came home with this:

• 1.7 Turbo Diesel
  • 40mm lowering kit
  • Shortened bump stops
  • Subwoofer
  • 2 Ripspeed 6"x9" speakers
  • 2 Depos
  • 2 clear taillights
  • 550w Hellfire amp
  • null

Also got a pair of 12" subwoofer's that my uncle had in his attic which he kindly gave me.

So got home and unloaded all the stuff and took a few pics, which are below.

First off tho, some pics of my car as it stands.

Arsing about with light effects & such. Amazing what a garage light can do for a photo!

The engine after a good powerhose and de-greasing.

Depos.

Hellfire amp

Ripspeed 6"x9"'s.

Clear tails.

-40mm kit.

I was also told the turbo has already been wound up to full so I'm well happy! About 120bhp!

I'm trying to get a Cav GSi rep off of a mate, trying!

[Edited on 20-03-2012 by jrdn7]
Jakey
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40mm kit? That looks suspiciously like standard suspension.
corsajay88

25th Feb 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
40mm kit? That looks suspiciously like standard suspension.

Its not. I sold it to him
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it just the springs that are -40? the shocks look standard etc
Jakey
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 08:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What make are they? Most, if not all aftermarket suspension I've seen is at least a different colour.
corsajay88

25th Feb 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The shocks are jamex, they were sprayed black when i bought them. They are shorter than standard ones. Theyre silver underneath the black.

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by corsajay88]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 90 percent sure they are standard shock,s could be wrong though
DanCobb

25th Feb 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine looks clean . Not too keen on the White stripe and balloon tyres but hey ho it's your car . When are you puttingthe engine in? Always wanted to know what they go like!
taylorboosh

25th Feb 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like it, apart from the flaps and spots... good work
carl roper

25th Feb 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you get a decent intercooler if your planning on using extra boost. Mines currently running 26psi
JaffaTB

25th Feb 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they're cesaro's not astra sports?
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
Engine looks clean . Not too keen on the White stripe and balloon tyres but hey ho it's your car . When are you puttingthe engine in? Always wanted to know what they go like!

Me & my Dad gave it a real good clean & it came up really well. Was going to spray it now but to need! The engine will be going in in about 3 weeks, Dad is away for 2 weeks to england for something and I've got school for 6 hrs a day, and homework that takes up another 6. There's too many red corsas here so I needed mine to stand out from the crowd! I hate the balloon tyres but they were the original tyres that came with the rims, getting them changed for 50's, maybe 45's.

quote:

quote: Originally posted by Jakey 40mm kit? That looks suspiciously like standard suspension.

Its not. I sold it to him

Oh yes, and great seller, very helpful!
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carl roper
Make sure you get a decent intercooler if your planning on using extra boost. Mines currently running 26psi

Oh aye I'm getting one out of a Turbo Diesel Cav. Then upgrading to a rally-spec one, which will be HUGE!!

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
they're cesaro's not astra sports?

My Dad got them for me from a friend of his, told me they were Astra Sport's. Maybe he's wrong, but either way I haven't a clue!

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by jrdn7]
JaffaTB

25th Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these are astra sports:

cesaro's are better anyway pal

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by JaffaTB]
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
these are astra sports:

cesaro's are better anyway pal

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by JaffaTB]

Ah right, cesaro's are def better!

Thanks for putting me straight with that!
John

25th Feb 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shocks look suspiciously like they are the original powder coated colour.
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well we'll find out in a couple of weeks time whether or not they're proper -40mm's, and if they're not, be prepared for a knock on your door.
corsajay88

25th Feb 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Shocks look suspiciously like they are the original powder coated colour.

Its spray paint, its very flakey. Why dont you ask him to get the part numbers off the front so you can investigate further.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what make are they
carl roper

25th Feb 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by carl roper

Oh aye I'm getting one out of a Turbo Diesel Cav. Then upgrading to a rally-spec one, which will be HUGE!!

I wouldn't bother with the standard cav one as you will have to front mount it and its way too small. Also i wouldn't go for a "huge" cooler either as it will increase the lag alot, you only need a normal sized intercooler.
shaunmods
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear about your Grandad mate, looks like he did a great job on the spraying etc Love the rally looks its got with the spots etc!
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@carl roper: What size would you recommend? I'm getting the cav one as an interim part until I can get (afford) a better one. I'm just a poor student ya know! Haha

@shaunmods: Yeah, still can't describe how I felt, and still feel, but there's little I can do. He did an, excuse the language, absolutely fucking brilliant job on it, I was grinning for a week when it hit the road!

There's only one problem, he's probably laughing at me now cause I bought a diesel, and not a redtop/V6/C20LET! haha
corsajay88

25th Feb 12 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
Well we'll find out in a couple of weeks time whether or not they're proper -40mm's, and if they're not, be prepared for a knock on your door.

Lol, make sure your cars finished first, so i can have a proper look.
jrdn7

25th Feb 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry, you'll hear it before you see it!
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im running an Iveco daily on mine, but will soon be replacing it with a universal one off ebay

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=623229&page=2

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news! 23 database queries in 0.1041329 seconds