corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news!
jrdn7

User status: Offline
26th Feb 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking at a universal one off of ebay too, need to get saving tho. Cav one will be, as I said, as interim part.
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can have my iveco one cheap when i replace it if you want, this is how big it is
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the offer mate but I don't think it would be worth it posting it to Ireland.

Where did you get the silicone hoses for it? Can you buy them in a kit?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

them from SFS, theres no kit you just have to buy the ones you need, there not cheap mind. Or you can get cheaper hoses from the likes of ebay
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you know what ones you need tho? Just get the measurements off of the old pipes?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its all custom, you just have to offer the bits up and see what you need
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm, thanks for that mate. Sorry for sounding thick but what advantages do silicone hoses give?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They take the increase pressure better and last alot longer, plus they look better, you will also find it easier to plumb and intercooler in then having to use lots of different bits from other cars.
This was the set up on my old car
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That pic will come in handy. Does the intercooler connect to the pipe coming down off the bottom of the turbo?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes mate next time i'm up the unit ill get you some pictures from underneath
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks mate. Next question, would it be better to replace the standard 1.2 8V radiator with one out of the TD Cav?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you want one from a diesel corsa idealy, i highly doubt the 1.2 8v has the right radiator
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the diesel Corsa one big enough for the bigger engine tho?
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea there all the same size, the 1.5/1.5td and 1.7
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handy enough, thanks for that. Old rad is shot to pieces tho, will need a new one either way.
carl roper

26th Feb 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you get a diesel one as the water outlets are in different places compared to the petrol ones
jrdn7

26th Feb 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yes. If this clown hurries up with this Cav I'd be getting the rad out of that. Might replace it with a bigger competition one later on, to keep everything cool.
jrdn7

3rd Mar 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started to re-spray the suspension tonight, but gave up after more or less everything that could have gone wrong did. Was not going to give up until the rope I was using to hold the rear spring up snapped & came down on my foot. It was swiftly launched into the garden and the swearing followed.
jrdn7

9th Mar 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update time now. Started to re-spray the suspension last weekend, but didn't get too far as I had a few problems then took sick. Got back on my feet & finished the job (with Dad's help), so here's a quick pic. Will get a better one once all the paint has dried properly.

Also got a 'donor car', in the form of a Cav 1.7 TD. Used to be a GSi replica (and a very tidy one at that), until the previous owner got hold of it. It's got exactly the same engine as my car too, which is a bonus. Might nick the engine too .

Currently I plan to take the radiator, brakes, fuel filter housing & a few other bits off of it. The brakes are not in the best of nick, but they're better than what I have at the minute, so they'll do till I get 2.0 or V6 brakes. Everything else on the car is shite so can't take nothing else off!

LukesCorsaSXi

9th Mar 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the slabs off it too!
jrdn7

9th Mar 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to, but the other two are buckled, and there's a pile of cracks in the back passengers side one. Tyres are shot too. But the worst thing is, he still thinks they're in brilliant condition and wants €200 for them. My arse am I paying that for them!!
carl roper

9th Mar 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id measure the cav radiator first and make sure it will fit into the corsa and make sure the water pipes go to the same places as iirc there different to a corsa rad
jrdn7

9th Mar 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I'm going to try & strip a few of the very few good parts off the car so let me know what yous want & I'll see what I can do!
jrdn7

9th Mar 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by carl roper
Id measure the cav radiator first and make sure it will fit into the corsa and make sure the water pipes go to the same places as iirc there different to a corsa rad

We did that already lad, and it's a tad bit bigger. I think we'll be able to get it to fit tho, otherwise we'll have to nick a diesel corsa one from somewhere. I think all the water pipes are the same, bar one or something like that.
jrdn7

20th Mar 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, so short update for now. And it's not good news. I was setting about fitting the new suspension and found a motherload of rust underneath the car. It's really uncurable to that's the project on hold for now. If I fitted the 1.7TD lump it would pull the car apart cause the rust is so bad.

So for now I'm on the lookout for a good shell with a blown engine or something. I might fit a slightly tuned 1.6 or something, and sort the rust as best I can.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa Turbo project (not what you think) - Bad news! 23 database queries in 0.1031640 seconds