corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue corsa b
ArdenAndy

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

once again, my amazing camera skills! ahaa

went out with my mum, dad and sister so took a few pics while we were in the multi-story

need to pass my test and get rid of my dad ha

in this pic my mum was forcing my little sisters face into the window.. good mother i know haaha

i honestly cant wait untill i can actualy go and take some decent photos
ArdenAndy

26th Mar 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad did the rear wheel bearings yesterday and this is what he found...

suppose its just another thing to add onto the never ending list of things going wrong! ahaa, does anyone know if this is unsafe in anyway?

[Edited on 26-03-2012 by ArdenAndy]
ArdenAndy

29th Mar 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was my nain and taids annerversary the otherday so i took somephotos while i was there

Dann19

1st Apr 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last photos look good! nice 'proper' photos haha! next step after all the silly little bits is defo lowered!
ArdenAndy

4th Apr 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks yeahh i got to get a few things done first, will be getting a lot smaller tyres once things are sorted to
silvercorsabee

4th Apr 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

passed your test yet man?
ArdenAndy

4th Apr 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havnt yet cant afford to book it with the car needing things :/
silvercorsabee

4th Apr 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenAndy
i havnt yet cant afford to book it with the car needing things :/

thats shit,
ArdenAndy

11th Apr 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is shit :/ just been looking for a decent rear axle to put on before we look into the power steering problem. my dad is going to be restoring my old wheels in black during the week so will get some picks of those up to. will be keeping them for spare/winter wheels as there not worth anything

[Edited on 11-04-2012 by ArdenAndy]
ArdenAndy

16th Apr 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got bored today and decided i would derestrict the airbox, i couldnt be bothered taking the whole airbox out so i havnt took the resonator box off yet but will do that when i take it off to drill it will be getting spare from scrappy just incase ahaa, i got to use my beasty little toolbox aswell..

so i took the lid off airbox

then hammered out the bit in the top of the lid

i left the bottom pipe in as supposibly it just lets more dirt get onto the filter and i cant be arsed to clean the filter all the time either :L

it does look easy enough to get off so i might do it when i drill a second box

who ever invented these are a legend!

not really any point in me doing it but i was so bored so i had to do sumit to keep me entertained for a bit
HarleyMK

16th Apr 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That bottom pipe in the air box is easy to get out just simply drill the plastic rivet out and you can just pull the pipe out

cars looking good though but as said needs to go lower
ArdenAndy

16th Apr 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i will be taking it out of the filter when i get a second one so i can drill it to

Haaha, yeah i know i need to get it lowered so badly, considering its just a 1.0 im just gona get the fk street ones off ebay, only want to lower it 40mm but i cant do that untill i get some smaller tyres, the ones on my wheels at the moment still catch even though the front is about 6ft in the air haaha, once i pass my test i will be getting low profile tyres and lowering it so i will be getting it done dont worry

[Edited on 16-04-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Dann19

16th Apr 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

andy! im getting coilovers end of may/early june, hang on in there and you can have my 60mm spax springs for £25/£30, plus i'll post them 60mm will sit nice on them wheels as seen on mine
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers dan i love how your car sits! perfect stance, what size tyres do you have on at the moment?
Dann19

17th Apr 12 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no problem, plus by the time i get the springs off, you may of passed your test or got abit of spare money to buy them mmm i dont like how it sits, as soon as i get coilvers its going 90/80 so it can scrape ermm sure its something like 185/75/14 or 175/85/14, something like that! as soon as my tryes get low im buying stretch tyres!
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah hopefully! will be booking test soon i dont think i could possibly go lower than 60 with the state of the roads and size of bumps my area is surrounded by ahh yes! streched tyres would look pretty sick!
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to one of the local scrap yards in my area to see if they had a air box i could use but two of the three there where the old corsa b`s with the old air box so didn’t bother with them, and the third didn’t have an engine never mind air box ahaa, but it wasn’t a wasted trip as i picked up some plastic bits that i needed to complete the interior

covers for the metal on the front of the rear seats, knob for the centre console, cover for seat where all the metal shows when you recline seat, and a few little clips from the sill which completes the interior

also while routing through the air boxes i found a near enough new air filter, its cleaner than the newest one I have got on the car already :L

also as my plastic bit on the back of my car has currently got a griffin sticker i got one with a proper badge on

Once the one on the car now is off and the new one on my dad is going to colour code it or gloss black it not sure yet though, might even persuade him to spray my arches, side strip and bumper tops

Also we got a battery tray as the one on my car at the moment is pure shite!

i got my dad to order me a sportex race tube on monday while i was in college so that should be here tomorrow or the next, i will be fitting that and all these little bits at the same time, hopefully find a air box in another scrap yard to

[Edited on 17-04-2012 by ArdenAndy]
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good bud,
i thought all corsa airbox's were the same other than the gsi, just the 1.0 have the crappy extra box bit but you can do away with that aswell
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankyouu! i thought they were all basicly the same to, but the two corsa`s today had these airbox`s on them

there is a pipe coming from the bottom and theres a connector on the side with a red wire coming from it:S inside of it is different to so i didnt bother with it

i think i want the 1.4/1.6 air box off a newer corsa b so it wil fit my car no problems then

HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh never seen that type before
i think i may have a 1.4 air box laying around some where ill have a look for you tomorrow

[Edited on 17-04-2012 by HarleyMK]
corsajay88

17th Apr 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pipe at the bottom is the warm air intake, and the red pipe is a vacuum hose that controls the valve for the hot air intake. Could just take the pipes off. Wont make any difference.

Cars looking good, good luck with the test mate
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be great if you did Thankyouu!

ah right i see, would be easyer to find one without those fancy bits on, i wouldnt want to risk hot air getting in throuh the holes left behind after removing those things either, cheers! with my luck i need it aha
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the air box I have bud, i dont have the top for it but the one off your original will fit
ArdenAndy

17th Apr 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that would be spot on!! i have just realised im about 150 miles from you :/
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th Apr 12 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what Royal Mail is for

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b 24 database queries in 0.0151589 seconds