corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to astra owners club.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happened to astra owners club.....
JUGGA

User status: Offline
11th Feb 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Its a popular thing, I had to pay on ZSOC and although it isn't 100% the rule on Project Puma, they made me because I said I had a whole car's worth of bits.

I've never seen the point, it doesn't stop scammers. Probably good for income though.

If anything, scammers are more likely to pay for membership because there getting free money anyway so it isnt going to effect them!!!
John

11th Feb 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with AON is the users. Everybody bums that dtuk guy as well.
Cole

11th Feb 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do actually find aon very boring and cluttered but they did give me a trophy at Pvs lat yr for their car of show lol So I do pop back on every now and again

[Edited on 11-02-2012 by Cole]
Phoenix Autosport

12th Feb 12 at 02:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by Oli_p
quote:
It's seems like it down weekly, not sure on exact outages etc, but it's pretty poor considering CS manages to stay online a lot more than AOC, I also refuse to pay to be able to sell things, as if a £5 charge is going to stop a potential scammer.

you have to pay now to sell stuff on AOC?? only sold something month or two ago and was still free, this been introduced since start of the year??

It's a recent "idea" not sure how long it was introduced as I can't even get on the site to find the thread! I'd be even more pissed if I'd paid for trader status, I'm sure I read somewhere that it's about £250 for a year. Really poorly run site.

I paid for trader status on there, it was the biggest waste of money ever, not sold a single thing on there due to the traders section being burried so far down you need mining rights to get to it, that experience has realy put me off paying for forum advertising as sales are never going to be that high from a single make or model of car, when I sell on forums I much prefer to pass the saving on to forum members so they get a good deal, whenever a site charges for people to sell things the end result will always be higher prices

Ps if anyone has contact details for whoever runs AOC please let me know as I need to be having words with them
holmesgsi

12th Feb 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astra owners club is now back up and runing
Liam

12th Feb 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Judging by the post I've just read, they host the forum in the US, must be cheaper for them...
JordyCarter

12th Feb 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find aoc a very boring forum. Hardly ever use it
Luke

12th Feb 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down time already! Been a paid member on there for 3 years, poor service, never recieved my 2nd membership pack either & no response from admin either.
Ian
Site Administrator

12th Feb 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luke - try again, I've got Matt on Facebook if you're stuck.
Liam

12th Feb 12 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Down again! Pretty comical really!
MatG

14th Feb 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
This is the exact reason I refuse to pay a membership fee for that website! It's down more than its up!

This is about the 4th sustained period of downtime we have had in 7 years of being with this hosting company. Yes we do have a database error that seems to be connected to one of the forum hacks we run which causes 3-5mins down time a few times a day, however its not sustained down time and doesn't warrant "its down more than its up" comment

quote:

It's a recent "idea" not sure how long it was introduced as I can't even get on the site to find the thread! I'd be even more pissed if I'd paid for trader status, I'm sure I read somewhere that it's about £250 for a year. Really poorly run site.

Incorrect its nothing like £250 for a year, full traders dont even pay half that.

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Autosport

I paid for trader status on there, it was the biggest waste of money ever, not sold a single thing on there due to the traders section being burried so far down you need mining rights to get to it, that experience has realy put me off paying for forum advertising as sales are never going to be that high from a single make or model of car, when I sell on forums I much prefer to pass the saving on to forum members so they get a good deal, whenever a site charges for people to sell things the end result will always be higher prices

Ps if anyone has contact details for whoever runs AOC please let me know as I need to be having words with them

You paid for lite trader status which i think was £30 iirc? Yet you did nothing to try and get members to buy from you. Just sitting on your arse expecting for orders to come flooding in is your problem not forums.

Feel free to email me or pm me on here or AOC - im hardly difficult to find.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke
Down time already! Been a paid member on there for 3 years, poor service, never recieved my 2nd membership pack either & no response from admin either.

Erm you dont get a membership pack every year, just the first time you join.

Site is back up and running - Ian you need to sell a lot more memberships
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Feb 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ZSOC said no as well
Liam

14th Feb 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
quote:
This is the exact reason I refuse to pay a membership fee for that website! It's down more than its up!

This is about the 4th sustained period of downtime we have had in 7 years of being with this hosting company. Yes we do have a database error that seems to be connected to one of the forum hacks we run which causes 3-5mins down time a few times a day, however its not sustained down time and doesn't warrant "its down more than its up" comment

quote:

Incorrect its nothing like £250 for a year, full traders dont even pay half that.

Sustained or not Mat, the fact is thats it it fequently down, mainly during what I imagine to be peak time. Is the hack neccesary to the forum? I know a few other member from there that say they find it is down fequently.

And as I said, I read it somewhere, which seems it may of been incorrect

Whilst you are here, can I ask why the pay to sell was implemented, as from an scammers view, I'm sure they wouldn't mind paying up to steal £100s if not £1000s from members... I understand it'll put off the opertunist, but someone wanting to make some easy money certainly won't mind paying £5 to sell.
MatG

14th Feb 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The pay for classifieds was put in place after a lengthy thread and poll which all members were asked to put their view forward on the subject matter.

I think the overall feeling is that its best to have some security than none at all. A bit like having locking wheel nuts on your car. A determined or decent thief will still have them but it will put off the majority and they may look else where before bothering.

Its a massive shame its there IMO if the majority thought about how the bought items off the internet in the first place, they wouldn't get scammed.

The hack is integral yes as its linked to the paid subscriptions, we are working on a way to solve it.

[Edited on 14-02-2012 by MatG]
Liam

14th Feb 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I missed the thread as I don't read all the forums, or maybe it was a "paid" members poll?

It is a shame it's their, but I guess too many people are too naive unfortuantly.

Is the hack a recent thing (within the last 12 months) as I noticed the downtime more, but I have used the forum more in recent times..
Cole

19th Feb 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it down again saying cant connect to server not the usual database error
andys sxi
Premium Member

19th Feb 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the cars for sale section better than astra owners network, but it's very slow at loading pages I couldn't see my self using the website all the time

April 08 feature car
Eddx14xe

19th Feb 12 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only ever remember this site being down once and that's because Ian was pissed off and closed the site for a bit.

Couldn't use a forum that's constantly down like astra owners club.
John

19th Feb 12 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The site being down for a few minutes a few times a day is shocking. Moreso because people do pay for membership.

If a hack causes it surely it should have been removed after the first time and a solution found.
Ian
Site Administrator

19th Feb 12 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm genuinely ashamed of that moment.
Phoenix Autosport

20th Feb 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix Autosport

quote:
Originally posted by MatG
You paid for lite trader status which i think was £30 iirc? Yet you did nothing to try and get members to buy from you. Just sitting on your arse expecting for orders to come flooding in is your problem not forums.

Feel free to email me or pm me on here or AOC - im hardly difficult to find.

wow, thats not realy the way to speak to someone who is paying you for a service no matter what level i have paid for.

i ran several threads on our services, offered sets of ready done parts at near cost and spent hours researching different parts and providing quotes for people, rather than putting it down to "being my problem" maybe you could offer some constructive advice on how to do better trading on the forum, i am constantly posting new items we have done on there but no one see's it due to the area im supposed to post in being buried so deep no one seems to look there, im offering the same high level of discounts as i offer on many of other forums including this one but with no success what so ever, is it acceptable to post in more active areas of the forum ? i dont want an argument with you just to be able to trade on a site that works and provide the best service i can at the best price i can to the sites members
Cole

20th Feb 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still can't get on
Liam

20th Feb 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nor me, been down for long this time?
Cole

20th Feb 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since yesterday

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to astra owners club..... 23 database queries in 0.2005270 seconds