corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Advice please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice please
Welly Wanger

User status: Offline
5th Feb 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the best way of promoting a business for free or with as little cost as possible. I'm on with making an account with facebook etc. I'm also on Cambodian forums too.

The business is a Guesthouse in Cambodia what myself and a friend built on an estuary at the start of last year. A warning to all, friends and business doesnt mix well so we've gone our seperate ways . But anyway while i'm stuck in the UK i want to promote my half the best i can. I did see on here a few months ago about how to build a website for free and it looked fairly easy. It had a simple lay out with pictures and text.

Dom

5th Feb 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A website and Twitter/Facebook would be the obvious two, as well as networking on various (anything remotely connected, like travelling sites etc) sites and forums.
And if you do have a website, get guests to submit short reviews etc and get them posted.

[Edited on 05-02-2012 by Dom]
Welly Wanger

5th Feb 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know I need to go down the website route, but how? I'm a not so hairy arsed contractor by trade who aint got a clue about website building or these free website things basicly a n00b in this area.

Also going to advertise a full page spread in the in the touristy advertiser.

Its still a third world country and pritty much off the map as of holidays go. So the people who visit are back packers or people who want a different holiday to the norm.

Just need a good link to a design your own web site site, which is easy to use. I seen one posted on here about 6 months ago.
Dom

5th Feb 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Website; first things first would be to get a decent domain name and I use 123-reg for UK based domains (.co.uk/.me.uk etc) or Namescheap for US domains (.net/.com etc) - anything from £2 - £10 per year.
Then you'll need hosting of sorts, i use TSOHost and Vidahost (Google around as there are various vouchers for both; certainly theres a 50% off on TSO packages) - £10-50 per year.

Then for the actual site i'd look at something like Wordpress (free CMS) and grabbing a decent theme (can get free themes but a decent one will be £20/30). Plenty of tutorials around for Wordpress and the basics are pretty much click-click type affair - had a friend who taught himself the basics within a day.

Then the usual drivel for content (decent pictures, prices, useful local information especially for back-packers), but as said get a vistors book for your guest house and start submitting them on the website.

Once you have the site it's just the case of networking it, facebook/twitter (+ useful communication for potential visitors) and attacking travelling/back-packers forums adn websites.

Editing - Installing Wordpress is pretty straight forward anyway but a lot of hosting packages come with Fantastico which makes it a one-click installation (enter username, password, few other details, click install etc).

[Edited on 05-02-2012 by Dom]
Sunz

5th Feb 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of accounts for youtube, spam videos related to your topics, then use the other accounts to give them "thumbs up" so they are at the top of the comments.

Would work if the video you pick has a decent amount of views. Not sure it would be great for your venture though.

Welly Wanger

5th Feb 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that, will have a look

New Poll