corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » detailers/rich h

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author detailers/rich h
Mark.W

User status: Offline
14th Sep 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
Originally posted by wooly101uk
You need another vauxhall man John

also this is the best built car ive owned

mattk

14th Sep 10 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodo stuff is excellent for the price, it lasts for aaaages too
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I more refuse to help as I don't give advice out on the basis of generating sales, so his comments fooked me off. I actually hardly sell Dodo stuff now and will be coming away from their authorised scheme at the end of the year out of personal choice. The products I do sell are ones I have / do use myself because they work!

I still advise products I don't sell though! And have given him advice in the past too.
mattk

14th Sep 10 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the AG paint renovator any good? my bonnet is a much much paler shade of orange to the rest now
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as easily accessible polishes, it isn't too bad, it can be quite aggressive and may need a pass with SRP afterwards. Safer / better than T-Cut.

Odd that it's gone like that though?!
mattk

14th Sep 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had the driverside wing painted so I thought it was something to do with that, but when I had the fuel flap off to clean behind it I put it flat on the bonnet to compare, there is a mile of difference

not sure why, il try some AG stuff when I next clay it and all that jazz
Eck
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a clever way to start a thread. Antagonise a professional, and friendly detailer before asking for advice
mattk

14th Sep 10 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cunningham

14th Sep 10 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

deffo trie autoglym paint renovater do that to all my cars i buy first then dodo juice lime and prime followed by dodo juice wax i can safely say the wax lasts for ages ive had it for a year and half almost and im only halfway
John G

14th Sep 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
p.s i am not going to be any of these overpriced dodo thingys so am hoping for advice as goodwill....

On that basis then, you can gtf if you think thats the only reason I reply to these threads!

and secondly its far from overpiced it last for a long time if used correctly
taylorboosh

14th Sep 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly i did not once say in any post that rich h only gives advice to sell products. I thought it was only right to say that i wanted advice only and was not going to buy products that I deem expensive, this is in no way, shape or form an insult to him or refined detail. I was merely stating the fact I didnt intend to buy as I wouldnt like people asking loads of advice from me on what products ect, then going else where or not buying them at all....

I am really sorry if this offended you rich as you have gave me advice a couple of times and it wasnt meant like that....

Also i dont hold it against you not to give advice, it is yours to give as you please. if my comment has pissed you off, I obviously havent worded it well.
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apology accepted.

If new to a machine polisher, I wouldn't suggest using it as Honda paint is thin (however does correct relatively easily) what kind of polisher is it? Rotary? DA / Random orbital? The latter of those options is fine for a noobie to use.

By hand, SRP, Paint Renovator or Poorboys Professional Polish are all good to use as they have a small amount of cut to them, then get some oils back in the paint with a glaze; Poorboys Black Hole or Clearkote Red Moose Glaze are 2 that suit red well. Then get a decent wax on there to help protect it from the elements, something like Collinite 476s / 845 insulator wax or AG High Def etc etc.

The key to red is to get it cut back, then maintain the colour and gloss with oily polishes / glazes and decent waxes.
taylorboosh

14th Sep 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks mate and its a rotary which from what ive been reading is a bad idea...

whats the best to polish with as i using an old cloth at the minute? lol
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh wouldn't dive in at the deep end with a rotary on a Honda or any car for that matter!

Cellulose sponges (called polishing sponges) or microfibre applicator pads to apply (slightly damp) and remove with soft microfibres.
taylorboosh

14th Sep 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get these from halfords? thanks for the advice it is appreciated
nathy_87

14th Sep 10 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate these machine polishers are piss easy to use even on your first go. Just got for it OR do one panel by hand, and the other machine see what you prefer.
chrisritch

14th Sep 10 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
Mate these machine polishers are piss easy to use even on your first go. Just got for it OR do one panel by hand, and the other machine see what you prefer.

and if he fucks it up thats a fucked panel on a CTR.
I wouldnt risk it. too nice a car too fuck up
taylorboosh

14th Sep 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really dont want to fuck any paint, if it comes up well by hand, which most cars do then thats what it will get
Rich H

14th Sep 10 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Is that why you've booked a detailer to do your car at the end of this month then? Via a referral I arranged for you but you never thanked me for doing?! DA / Random orbital are easy enough yeh, rotarys not so - not to get a decent finish from them safely anyway.

John - Microfibre applicators you can get from Pound shops, Tesco etc or me. Halfords I'd imagine do sell them, but I'm not all that up on what they do sell these days tbh! Cellulose sponges / polishing sponges are normally on eBay or Autosmart reps.
taylorboosh

14th Sep 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have a look in poundland as i want them by this weekend
chrisritch

14th Sep 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:

Is that why you've booked a detailer to do your car at the end of this month then? Via a referral I arranged for you but you never thanked me for doing?! DA / Random orbital are easy enough yeh, rotarys not so - not to get a decent finish from them safely anyway.

John - Microfibre applicators you can get from Pound shops, Tesco etc or me. Halfords I'd imagine do sell them, but I'm not all that up on what they do sell these days tbh! Cellulose sponges / polishing sponges are normally on eBay or Autosmart reps.

Owned
chrex

14th Sep 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

honda paint is pretty soft though. The paint on my ATR responded brilliantly to a single work-in with an orbital and poorboys SSR2.5 followed by 2 passings of SSR1 and then hand polish with the Carnuba Blue.

Fantastic products - recommend them to anyone, and so very easy to use!
taylorboosh

15th Sep 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i may eventually step up onto these poorboys ect but just wanting to really use what i have for the minute as im brass as fuck lol. will give it a good going over sunday and get pics before and after....
taylorboosh

15th Sep 10 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mams going to get me some microfibre thingys

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » detailers/rich h 23 database queries in 0.1690109 seconds