corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car cuts out when slowing down and dipping clutch

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car cuts out when slowing down and dipping clutch
JaffaTB

User status: Offline
16th Feb 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well seems i spoke too soon, seem to have fixed the cutting out by adjusting the butterfly screw, but now im getting EML light again, VSS (again) and now 71 (air temperature sensor) starting to think my ECU may be doing bad because as soon as i fix one problem something else appears, i have ordered one off ebay and also a CTS (it was only 4 quid posted) just to see if that makes any difference
monkeytwizzel

19th Feb 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like you might have a air leak somewhere,if was ok before the strip down.
With it running spray some wd40 type liqiud around the throttle body/inlet flanges and listen for rev change!
Is your ecu on the inlet manifold?have heard that the ecu`s mounted there can go faulty because of heat and vibration.
JaffaTB

19th Feb 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems ok now not cutting out anymore, the VSS error i was getting was because i hadn't cleared the ecu memory after i fitted the new one, car drives ok now just get the eml on randomly now with code 71, think its just a dodgy connection though as i've tried 3 different sensors (1 brand new) and it still comes up
JaffaTB

19th Feb 12 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and the ecu is in the drivers footwell
monkeytwizzel

19th Feb 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah you sorted it then,nice one.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll