corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
kennySRi

User status: Offline
14th Oct 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
rosberg went round turn 3 with what looked like a fucked radiator but ended up before it. how did that work?

Maybe he did get round again. Im off out now to work so il check it later, we must be wrong though
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken Cole off his #1 seat in the pool Like a boss

In other news, the race was quite boring and I nearly fell asleep. Best. bit was waiting for Vettel's tyre to blow up, which didn't even happen in the end Rubbish. Was hoping he'd get launched into the wall to keep the championship interesting

[Edited on 14-10-2012 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
JonnyJ

14th Oct 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclaren have really fucked up this year haven't they?

Best car for the majority of the season and yet lay 3rd in the constructors and could yet possibly drop to 4th as Lotus arent far off.

Wonder if Whitmarsh's job is coming under scrutiny as its not really down to the drivers as to why they have failed to capitalise on a good car, more team errors. Its also probably led to them losing one of the best drivers on the grid.

Can't see it getting much better next season either, unless they put together an outstanding car, like, Brawn style ahead of the pack outstanding. As Martin Brundle said a coupe of races ago "Who is going to put that Mclaren on pole next season?" Button has only achieved one in his entire career there and Perez isnt exactly a great qualifier either.

Worrying times if you're a Mclaren fan.
Cole

14th Oct 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave you have me by .5 of a point thats easily got back but saying that ivr struggled the last few races to pick decent results
JonnyJ

14th Oct 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i hadnt missed a race i might be up there
andys sxi
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im still in 5th place

just noticed theres a pick for the the premier league maybe we should start a cs league on that the f1 is finishing soon

April 08 feature car
Conway563

14th Oct 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi

just noticed theres a pick for the the premier league maybe we should start a cs league on that the f1 is finishing soon

Not a bad idea that
We could all stick £20 in and split it between the top 3 at the end of the season
Cavey

14th Oct 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
As Martin Brundle said a coupe of races ago "Who is going to put that Mclaren on pole next season?" Button has only achieved one in his entire career there and Perez isnt exactly a great qualifier either.

Worrying times if you're a Mclaren fan.
Yeah, I have been thinking recently that it is good to have Perez there as he can be a good driver, but his massive lack of experience that sees him doing things like spin off in Suzuka is quite worrying. I wouldn't say he's bad at qualifying, but he isn't up there with Hamilton and Vettel, that's for sure. Tbf he was one place behind Button this weekend in what should be a slower car.

At least one of them is going to have to learn how to qualify well consistently next year. Button can do well occasionally, but sometimes he does just happen to be out at the wrong time, like getting caught with yellow flags this weekend and in another race, I think it was Silverstone. If memory serves, there it was a case of he had the fastest S1 and S2 times, but then got yellow flags in S3 so lost a second.

I wonder if Perez's consistnecy in qualifying comes down partly to the car/team, because at some tracks both drivers just seem to do really well (e.g. qualifying in Spa) but then they weren't really anywhere this week. Maybe with a better car at McLaren he'll be able to get better grid positions more often.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
dave you have me by .5 of a point thats easily got back but saying that ivr struggled the last few races to pick decent results
True. At least I can enjoy being first for a week or two I've also struggled recently, and I think it was mainly due to this week letting my head decide instead of my heart and putting Vettel down as the winner If only Webber hadn't gone faster than him, I'd be even further ahead

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
JonnyJ

14th Oct 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe
JonnyJ

14th Oct 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Yeah, I have been thinking recently that it is good to have Perez there as he can be a good driver, but his massive lack of experience that sees him doing things like spin off in Suzuka is quite worrying. I wouldn't say he's bad at qualifying, but he isn't up there with Hamilton and Vettel, that's for sure. Tbf he was one place behind Button this weekend in what should be a slower car.

At least one of them is going to have to learn how to qualify well consistently next year. Button can do well occasionally, but sometimes he does just happen to be out at the wrong time, like getting caught with yellow flags this weekend and in another race, I think it was Silverstone. If memory serves, there it was a case of he had the fastest S1 and S2 times, but then got yellow flags in S3 so lost a second.

I wonder if Perez's consistency in qualifying comes down partly to the car/team, because at some tracks both drivers just seem to do really well (e.g. qualifying in Spa) but then they weren't really anywhere this week. Maybe with a better car at McLaren he'll be able to get better grid positions more often.

He'll definitely qualify higher up in a Mclaren no doubt. Hes a decent enough driver and all that but i just dont see him or Average J putting it on pole, at least not consistantly, unless Mclaren build a car that blows the field away, which lets face it, is more than a little unlikely.

I know its not all about qualifying but to be a title contender you really need to be putting in on the front row as often as possible (or be Fernando Alonso). Also can you really see Jenson and Sergio bringing home the big points the way Vettel/Webber do? I dont.

It just all seems to be slipping away from them. No drivers title this season (again), no constructors (again) and people call Lewis crazy for leaving? It can hardly be much worse for him can it? Whats the worst that could happen? Not win with a different team?

Rob E

14th Oct 12 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a huge McLaren and Lewis fan and as much as I was gutted he chose to leave the team I really think he has made the right decision. He has admitted he doesn't expect to win races next season but come 2014 when the new engines come in, he is going to be in a very good place IMO. McLaren are becoming a Mercedes customer for the first time in their partnership and now because Mercedes are a "Works Team" they will have the upper hand over the supplied engined teams. They will have a head start with overall vehicle package development

There is also so many of the sports greatest drivers who have achieved great things after a problematic/disappointing spell at McLaren.

Either way I will still be supporting them both!
JonnyJ

14th Oct 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly how I see it panning out Rob. I imagine I'm going to have to put up with some stick in here from the Lewis hatorz next season but I'm confident it will work for him due to the reasons you posted.
Ben G

16th Oct 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so vettel to ferrari in 2014?

[Edited on 16-10-2012 by Ben G]
JonnyJ

16th Oct 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be interesting. Not sure it would work out for them though, it rarely does when you have two people who are genuinely going for the championship in the same team. End up taking points off each other.
jrdn7

16th Oct 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massa re-signed for Ferrari for 2013, happy days! And Schumacher won't be going back to superbike racing after he retires. Look what happened last time! haha
Mad Moe

18th Oct 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
That would be interesting. Not sure it would work out for them though, it rarely does when you have two people who are genuinely going for the championship in the same team. End up taking points off each other.

Could lead to Alonso moving to RBR or maybe even back to McLaren, just look at how he spat his dummy out last time he came up against some real competition from a teammate

[Edited on 18-10-2012 by Mad Moe]
JonnyJ

18th Oct 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see it myself, doesn't Alonso have a crazy long contract with Ferrari that will pretty much see him to retirement?

Definitely won't go back to McLaren.

Vettel would be silly to leave anyway, so long as Newey is there, he'll have a championship winning car.
kennySRi

18th Oct 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed Jonny. The two people who are almost guaranteed to stick witht heir teams are Alonso and Vettel, would make no sense for either of them to leave. But then again we would of said that about Hamilton a few months ago aswell
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Oct 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Newey was only contracted till end of 2013 with RB, and although RB would want to keep him - I can see him moving onto his next challenge, as that's the sort of guy he is.

On that note, why is it some teams end up with non-driver celebrities and others don't, despite relatively similar success?

For example - the 2009 Brawn GP car was constantly referred to as "the genius of Ross Brawn", but when he was at Ferrari winning 6 Championships it was the "dominance of Michael Schumacher".

Newey seems to be credited for pretty much all of RBR's success, but when McLaren are winning it's rarely/never credited to an individual.

Are people like Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn over-valued by the media?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AndyKent

19th Oct 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it comes from the general murmurs coming from the paddocks.

McLaren have had a few big names in the past but were bitten by the design stealing thing so I think they've changed tack and work it as a team effort rather than putting praise on one person.
whitter45

22nd Oct 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I thought Newey was only contracted till end of 2013 with RB, and although RB would want to keep him - I can see him moving onto his next challenge, as that's the sort of guy he is.

On that note, why is it some teams end up with non-driver celebrities and others don't, despite relatively similar success?

For example - the 2009 Brawn GP car was constantly referred to as "the genius of Ross Brawn", but when he was at Ferrari winning 6 Championships it was the "dominance of Michael Schumacher".

Newey seems to be credited for pretty much all of RBR's success, but when McLaren are winning it's rarely/never credited to an individual.

Are people like Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn over-valued by the media?

think you have to look at the position of Brawn when at Ferrari

It was always referred to as the Schumacher/Brawn partenership but when Brawn create dBrawn GP it was very much Brawn behind the operation and the design of the car etc hence why it was lablled the genius of Brawn.

For Newey again when at Mclaren it was always the Mclaren team and Ron Denis but now Newery is in a team that clearly is where it is down to the design of the car.
Rob_Quads

26th Oct 12 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @ Hamilton during practice. Hes testing new parts but the team won't tell him what the parts are as some of them are for next year.
JonnyJ

26th Oct 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel is going to piss this race again isnt he?

What an anticlimactic end to what was a promising season, fucking Red Bull.

<<  44    45    46    47    48    49    50  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0275102 seconds