corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo 8's...talk to me
Colin

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOOL didnt notice the badge, thats funny. Maybe the guys ashamed of what he drives because of the stigma surrounding the snooty owners & he just wants to fit in at the caravan club
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised he's using such a highly tuned performance missile for duties other than street racing for slips.
Colin

17th Jan 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One with a wing -

If you need to know the price of the campsite....you cant afford to stay!!!

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Colin]
philip2

17th Jan 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drive mine mixed, most of the roads to work in the morning are empty at 6am so regularly sit between 80-90...before someone says it doesnt feel like your doing those speeds and some parts im well into triple numbers so fuel does get used quite quick, i bought mine as i knew the car nearly 9 years and mate had it from new, it winds me up with my mates with grale's, astra gsi's, cossies, cooper 's' etc who winge about cost of fuel etc, i just keep going petrol station when getting low, i bought the car to use, and tbh most evo owners do just cruise round and do low miles...waste of a car imo
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
LOOL didnt notice the badge, thats funny. Maybe the guys ashamed of what he drives because of the stigma surrounding the snooty owners & he just wants to fit in at the caravan club

I used to own one and I'm far from fuckin snooty.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can tell the Evo is the new Impreza because the owners are becoming just as defensive
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ex owner, if all puma owners turn out like yourself I'll be steering well clear of them.

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by big eck]
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont blame you tbh
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS i beat an evo once on a track
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it was due to be serviced
sc0ott

17th Jan 12 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl
Graham88

17th Jan 12 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some right arseholes on this forum lately
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jan 12 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, fancy telling the guy he couldn't afford one.
Graham88

17th Jan 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't say that though. It's just been depicted to make people think that's what he meant. I see his point completely, it's not a car to keep on a budget, if you are tight for money, don't buy one, I don't really get how that is 'egoish'
Colin

17th Jan 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

I used to own one and I'm far from fuckin snooty.

Clientèle has has a phase shift since then obviously.
Colin

17th Jan 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
He didn't say that though. It's just been depicted to make people think that's what he meant. I see his point completely, it's not a car to keep on a budget, if you are tight for money, don't buy one, I don't really get how that is 'egoish'

No he really did, if you need to ask blah blah blah, then you cant afford one.

Did you get that on M3cutters when asking about M3's......did you get that from me when asking about M3's?
Eck
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

No he really did, if you need to ask blah blah blah, then you cant afford one.

Did you get that on M3cutters when asking about M3's......did you get that from me when asking about M3's?

Exactly that. I'm not sure how it is beneficial in the slightest. Would have taken as much effort to say "Insurance is....servicing is.....", so I'm not even sure why it's necessary I'm yet to see why they need so fucking much TLC either?! It's not a Ferrari?! It's a moderately powered 2.0 Turbo?
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's been a lot worse said on this site by other forum bawbags and you all slate jay non stop over his reasonable comment. The OP didn't take any offence to it so why the fuck have the rest of you??? Jesus, some right knobs on here.
thegsi

17th Jan 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical CS bandwagon warriors on their soap boxes as usual

Someone asks for advice on an Evo 8, I give them some feedback (if you read my posts) because I own one. In another thread, someone asked for advice regarding spending money on a Corsa, I did build one with lots of money spent on it and I also got slated for my opinion on that post.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ur a nice man
smcGSI16V

17th Jan 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But people looking at buying one would like to know the costs involved before they do one. Which is common sense.

Rather than saying if you need to ask you can't afford attitutude, approximate break down of some costs involved in owning one would have been more appropriate maybe.
big eck

If your not part of the "in crew" then you've no business commenting. That seems to be the thing on here. I've always wondered tho if the ones that make the smart ass comments on here would be just as cocky in person.
AK

MLR is full of fannies too....
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
But people looking at buying one would like to know the costs involved before they do one. Which is common sense.

Rather than saying if you need to ask you can't afford attitutude, approximate break down of some costs involved in owning one would have been more appropriate maybe.

I think jays comment came across a bit wrong that's all. MOST carnuts know it's not cheap running an Evo and if your worried about things like fuel costs etc then stay clear. Running one as a weekend/dry use only car as a lot do then it'll be very affordable.
big eck

17th Jan 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
MLR is full of fannies too....

I agree.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo 8's...talk to me 22 database queries in 0.0204670 seconds